Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

241 - 260 of 316 Posts

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
Then why are the turkey bios concerned, I mean if you are so tight with them and they are just AW shicks the numbers are what they should be.....why the concern
I wouldnt call it "concern" as much as its "investigative". Ive not talked to a single one that believe we should go back to those peak populations. Ive also not talked to any that havent said in some way that this "may just be the new post restoration normal". The "concern" comes from them trying to find out what if anything we can do to help maximize turkey production within the limitation of the new normal. Of course, when they do identify ways to increase turkey production people like you and henry throw a fit because you dont like their suggestion and then say they are "full of c hit"....

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
You said you'd never fault someone for using pen and paper so here it is just for you.
View attachment 218989

This is the bowhunter survey results since 2000. The red line is a five year average for each year. The turkey population has shown a very steady decline that has not stopped since poult/hen ratios have stayed below 2. You can be as delusional as you want to, but there is only one reason that red line keeps going down. 1.4 phr will not increase the population, only slow the decline slightly. Hope pen and paper will help you figure it out, but I seriously doubt it.
😊
I plotted the archer index for raccoons vs the P:H ratio over time, with source notations
**** vs ph.JPG
. I thought you might be interested.

Reactions: henry

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
They have been sending those email since email has been available. Before that it was in the mag or the paper. Any time the population fluctuates people flip out.
They have NOT been sending annual emails warning of low populations and poor production since email has been available.

Holy smokes... 😆 😆

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
They have NOT been sending annual emails warning of low populations and poor production since email has been available.

Holy smokes...
Yes, they have. They did it back in the late 2000s, they did it even eralier in other forms when we had low phrs. I used to hunt fall season pretty hard and can remember reading those articles about tougher seasons.

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
State agency biologists have been concerned about declines in wildturkey populations for a decade now, and there are ongoing studies to try to determine the causes
Are they also "concerned" about declines in quail populations? How bout pheasants? Whiporwills?

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
I plotted the archer index for raccoons vs the P:H ratio over time, with source notations View attachment 218994 . I thought you might be interested.
I mean, I guess since we are throwing out charts for the heck of it, no real reason just curiosities.... no opinion here, just bored and wanted everyone to see....
Screenshot_20210407-085720_Samsung%20Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-085809_Samsung%20Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-085947_Acrobat%20for%20Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-090006_Acrobat%20for%20Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-090026_Acrobat%20for%20Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-090055_Acrobat%20for%20Samsung.jpg

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
LOL

I didnt throw out a chart "for the heck of it". I posted a chart for birdman that pertains to the topic at hand.

You have to resort to a personal attack because you have not counter to the substance of the argument.

Reactions: 20' and henry

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
Yes, they have. They did it back in the late 2000s, they did it even eralier in other forms when we had low phrs. I used to hunt fall season pretty hard and can remember reading those articles about tougher seasons.
Do you know what the word "annual" means?

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
LOL

I didnt throw out a chart "for the heck of it". I posted a chart for birdman that pertains to the topic at hand.

You have to resort to a personal attack because you have not counter to the substance of the argument.
What were you trying to show? Are you suggesting there is a causation there? If so, what data do you have that shows that it is causation?

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
Why is this a personal attack?? I thought you had no stake in the data presented?

The counter to this is very simple. NEST SUCCESS AND FEMALE SUCCESS ARE NOT LOWER NOW THAN WHEN POPULATIONS WERE PEAKING.

Screenshot_20210224-071959_Gallery.jpg

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
Yes, do you?
I really dont think you do, or you have some bad reading comprehension skills resurfacing again.
Annual means every year, not just previously a few times.

wow

Holy smokes... 😆 😆

·
Vendor
61,921 Posts
I really dont think you do, or you have some bad reading comprehension skills resurfacing again.
Annual means every year, not just previously a few times.

wow
They send an email every year. Some years it says hunting will be good, some it says hunting will be tough. Its been that way for decades.

Btw... next years email will say "hunting will be good in north Mo due to good production in the summer of 2020".

The Northeast region had a 2.0 phr in 2014. Pretty sure the email in 2016 said "hunting will be good in NEMO due to good production in 2014"

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
Why is this a personal attack?? I thought you had no stake in the data presented?

The counter to this is very simple. NEST SUCCESS AND FEMALE SUCCESS ARE NOT LOWER NOW THAN WHEN POPULATIONS WERE PEAKING.

View attachment 219004
Because you know I work in that industry. I could bring up any number of things attacking your industry in order to make it personal but I dont choose to.

All I did was plot the P:H ratios alongside the **** index.

Do you dispute that P:H ratios and populations have gone down over time?

You post that chart all the time, like a bunch and never change anyones mind. Why do you fight a losing battle like that??

·
Under appreciated
86,580 Posts
They send an email every year. Some years it says hunting will be good, some it says hunting will be tough. Its been that way for decades.
I didnt say they dont send an email every year.
What I said is they dont send one annually that keeps outlining the same poor production and populations.

You cannot read.

·
Registered
20,910 Posts
I wouldnt call it "concern" as much as its "investigative". Ive not talked to a single one that believe we should go back to those peak populations. Ive also not talked to any that havent said in some way that this "may just be the new post restoration normal". The "concern" comes from them trying to find out what if anything we can do to help maximize turkey production within the limitation of the new normal. Of course, when they do identify ways to increase turkey production people like you and henry throw a fit because you dont like their suggestion and then say they are "full of c hit"....
what a classic hawk reply!

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,980 Posts
20210407_111828.jpg
20210407_111729.jpg

241 - 260 of 316 Posts