Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not a huge fan of golf...caddied as a kid and that left a bad taste in my mouth...but the 18 year went earlier this year and he has fell in love...(he told me he shot an 82 for his first trip out, I thought wow, kid is a natural...found out later that was for nine holes only...:rof2::rof2::rof2:)...we bought him a cheap set of clubs and all the fixens for Christmas...I have to admit it has been fun going out back and whacking balls around with him the past few days, I could see myself on a golf course spending time with him...

that said, I know nothin about the game (blocked it out) and would like to find some websites that might work as tutorials...any suggestions? probably get him some lessons later on if he shows he is going to stick with-it...
thanks
Dan

·
Registered
32,187 Posts
PIng is a golf equipment manufacturer. Not sure is they have any instructional stuff. There is also a Golf channel on cable and satelite. They have lost of valubale info on there.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
I'd start with searching out Golf Digest online. They would probably be the best place to start IMHO.

Oh, and I play, but very poorly. Best advice I have is to buy cheap golf balls. That way you don't feel so bad when you lose them. :rof2::rof2: I always tell people I hit "rocks." When they ask what rocks are, I tell them cheap golf balls so I don't feel bad when I lose them or search too hard for them.

Don't know what part of Cass Co. you're in Dan, but I think Hoot's Hollow is a pretty good place to go for the money if you haven't already been there. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Golf? slipknot? theres alot of foreign language on here today :D

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heeler...we are up on county line by Lone Jack...where is Hoot's Hollow?

my 14 year old wants clubs now...think I've created a monster around here...

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Hoot's Hollow is part of the Country Creek golf courses over just north of Harrisonville on 291.

If you're son's really interested, I say go to ****'s Sporting Good's in Lee's Summit and check them out. They carry a large selection of golf items to get you started.

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts

·
You're not a golfer.
7,130 Posts
I learned from books, lot's of books and then I hit a lot of balls at the range. Once I got as far as I felt I could I took some group lessons. You can get these much cheaper than individual lessons and the are geared for beginners.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
When it gets warmer I give lessons on the side when I'm not working. But golf.com is a good one until he can get out there and swing that club.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts