Going to have to.......

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Chase635, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Cut the dang grass if the weather keep sup this way! already have dafadills blooming.

Gonna be a good spring for landscapers i think
  2. xxx

xxx Guest

:cool3::cool3::cool3: Too old for that stuff..........

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yerp ive already mowed once :mad2: course im liking it.. come on more rain :cheers:
  4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Its still alittle early to get the roundup out yet. But as soon as the stuff gets 4 or so inches tall,,the sprayer will be trimming the heck out of stuff:D

( i hate mowin grass)

5. clansey

clansey New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Bozeman, MT
    Mowing grass sucks:cool3::cool3:
  6. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    I LOVE roundup!!!!
  7. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    shoot mine still brown,i won't have that problem for awhile
  8. mrclean

mrclean New Member

Nov 30, 2005
    I have green patches where the dog craps.
  9. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Well I'm the one that cuts the grass and everything else....
    Work for a tree service one summer and all the sudden you're the MAN... :mad:
  10. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Yep round up is great!
  11. henry

Teenagers are supposed to mow the grass. Adults should'nt have to touch a lawn mower after their kids are twelve and not again until they leave home. :rotfl:

This is just an explanation of how life should be and not neccisarily the opinion of Missouriwhitetails.com or any of its advertisers or members. If you should actually catch one of your teenagers voluntarily mowing grass and without be told repeatedly,,,,you should seek imediate medical attention for both them and yourself. Tell your physician you think they are on drugs and you needed to be treated for shock. :rotfl:

12. Bowpredator

Bowpredator New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Licking Missouri

Yep I agree. Mowin grass, washing cars, and slinging bales of hay was how I made my first money. Now good luck finding any teenager who will do it, except ours. He checked at a camping resort down the road from us and the guy wanted to hire him to mow their grass but their insurance policy wont let them unless the worker is 21 years or older. Heck of a note, you try to get your kids to be good, eager workers and this is what they run into. I wonder about homeowner's policies for farmers who might actually find a kid who wants to sling square bales.
  13. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    yep bow preadator back in the day i slung square bales just about every day during the summer... definately not easy to find someone now.. now they wanna play nintendo all day and eat junk food...
  14. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I'm thinking of hiring a farm hand this year.

I hardly ever have the time for stuff I WANT to do, since I'm usually mowing, mowing & mowing some more...

Not to mention honey-do's :roll2:

Strike up the band!
  15. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Don't get me wrong all... I have no problem mowing the lawn, ect.

Just after I learned how to do everything right, I am expected to do it all for everyone (i.e. family, neibors...)
  16. henry

That ain't right,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you should be the exclusive property of your parent or gaurdian until you leave home. To loan you out to neighbors and family should require a dowery of at least a twelve pack of beer (for the parent or guardian) They should take a closer look at their exploiting your children handbook.

17. shortmag

shortmag New Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Supposedly breaking into the 70s for the first time tomorrow in the illustrious hoosier state. Wont be long before the long beard's will be safe 6 mos and we'll be doing all of the above on a weekly basis. 3 boys oldest is 8. Tried to have him mow last year under my close supervision (he asked! how long before he starts turning the other way when he sees you carrying a gas can in the summer time?) Still couldnt quite navigate the corners with the push mower. Wont be long for that either.
  18. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I'm not sure about everyone else, but it seems like my age group was about the last to have the "pleasure" of all the great summer jobs. Working tobacco, bucking hay, all the fun jobs don't seem to be out there for teenagers anymore!
    As for mowing the grass...I don't mind it sometimes, others it sucks.
  19. Chase635

Chase635 New Member

Feb 16, 2005
    I remember growing up throwing hay bales and working after school lots of good times for sure, the younger generation today are consumers and do not think about where it comes from as long as its available at the mall.
  20. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Chase--- you know... I can't even remember the last time I was at the mall! :moon: