Going Through Withdrawl

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by oneshot 1, Oct 12, 2017.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Month before season. Crossbow sighted in for 30 yards. Shotgun and 50Cal. Muzzleloader sighted in for 100 yards.

Never have killed a Deer with this Shotgun. Have killed many Deer with 20Ga. just never had one fixed up like this with Scope and all. Going back to the 50Cal. with Cheap Shot Sabots. Got several different combinations but going back to the simple stuff I know works.

Done figured out in my mind where I wanted to go Lead Mine CA., Mule Shoe CA. and COE Land by Truman Lake. Was ready to have 3 Deer by first of October.

Put in and was drawn for Caney Mountain Muzzleloader Hunt.

Now still setting here in pain, can't walk any distance. Watching Hunting Shows :mad: :banghead: :banghead:

oneshot

:D The Big Grin will keep him company.

2. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

I don't know about Missouri, but in Kansas you can get a permit to shoot out of your vehicle if you are disabled.

Good luck

3. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    Got the Waiver but I hunt Public Land.

oneshot

:D the Big Grin could ride with him.

4. Rack_Hunter

Waiver for what? Once you get a permit I n Kansas, you can hunt public or private land out of a vehicle

fishshooter likes this.
  5. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I have a Waiver to hunt from a vehicle but can't just pull off the road on Public Land and can't drive off Public Road.

The only way I can use it is on Private property and Park anywhere on it. This includes Motorized Wheelchairs, ATV's, Side by Sides or Pickups.

The only thing I can drive is a Boat but it has to be setting still. I done checked and double checked with MDC.

oneshot

:D The Big Grin can run Deer to him just don't get caught.

6. flatlander_

flatlander_ Really? Show me. .

Oneshot if you talk to the area manager/s of the CA's you're wanting to hunt you should be able to get a permit to drive in.

I know people that have done that on CA's around here. It may be to late for this year though, Idk, but it can be done.

Rack_Hunter and Crappie like this.
  7. oneshot 1

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I know some that have tried it, could do it but only on certain days. If they couldn't go in on them days have to go through the whole process again.

Just too much of a hassle and have to think of it if it was easier everyone would be driving in.

I know the area manager at Lead Mine my wife says I might talk to him. I don't know about going in during prime times but I don't see a problem during the week.

oneshot

:D They don't like the Big Grin.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
  8. Rack_Hunter

What's wrong with at least trying?

Maybe someone will let you hunt in their front yard next to the burger joint at Bennett. :D

9. flatlander_

flatlander_ Really? Show me. .

Every manager is different so I would sure check to see what they would allow.