Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
My third listening spot produced an encounter.

I parked the buggy to listen. After setting here for 15 minutes a bobcat bolted . I had parked 10 yards from where it hid , probably thinking I would pass.

That and the ham and eggs were worth getting up early for.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
Hilarious and sad all at the same time. Almost no gobbling . Then I pull out on the road to go to town and there is a strutter in the road . Lol

Reactions: Skduckhunt and 20'

·
Registered
32,063 Posts
Gobbling good here. Had one working, but he met up with a hen, skirted me to the left and never heard from again.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Missouri Hunting mobile app

·
Registered
417 Posts
I heard a couple Gobbles, but nothing want to DANCE, I think I figured it out. The Turkeys Know The Sound Of My Truck, when They Hear It They Stay Hidden Because They Know if They Come Out I'll SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE!o_O(y)

·
Registered
21,058 Posts
I saw and heard countless gobblers on a recent trip going south on HY 63, starting in Missouri, and following many different roads, covering some great turkey strutting areas, and ending in Florida when I hit the ocean.
And when I say countless, I mean just that. There was nothing to count.
I can’t believe it. When I used to drive from Jeff City to Rolla, I’d often see several to a half dozen fields with strutters and hens.
i

Reactions: Skduckhunt

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
I saw and heard countless gobblers on a recent trip going south on HY 63, starting in Missouri, and following many different roads, covering some great turkey strutting areas, and ending in Florida when I hit the ocean.
And when I say countless, I mean just that. There was nothing to count.
I can’t believe it. When I used to drive from Jeff City to Rolla, I’d often see several to a half dozen fields with strutters and hens.
i
My experience as well driving the 63 route through Missouri. Texas County North and South of Houston MO used to be loaded compared to now.

Reactions: Skduckhunt

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
They gobbled good so far this morning. The closest ones are getting quieter. Have heard 5 different birds.

Reactions: RHenshaw

·
Registered
904 Posts
They gobbled good so far this morning. The closest ones are getting quieter. Have heard 5 different birds.
I knew I just knew it!!!!!! Today would be the best day of the season and I am stuck at work this weekend!!!!🤬
Mark

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
Birds are still gobbling on the ground sporadically here.

·
Registered
18,658 Posts
Flat Hammering Here.....

Reactions: 20'

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 · (Edited)
Moved a 1/2 mile east . One is gobbling good in the neighbors field.

Edit update. Sitting here watching a hen and listening to the bird gobble in the neighbors field and seven jakes came by heading towards the gobbling bird.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
At 10:00 I went back and he was still gobbling

·
Registered
417 Posts
That Figures, where I hunt is MDC Land, the weekend every WANNABE HUNTER THAT DOESN'T HAVE A CLUE will be there. a couple years ago on the weekend I came across a Guy with a 22, I asked Him what he was Hunting, TURKEY, that's when I decided They Can have the weekend, most the time during the week I'm the only Hunter there!

by the way, Yesterday Morning I did hear a couple Gobbles, about the same direction from before, I never could get them to come close!

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
They gobbled good this morning; I got to watch a jake party 15yrds from the blind for about 45 minutes. Big boys didn't want to come out in the pasture with the three jakes.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #198 ·
Polar opposite of yesterday here. Haven't heard a gobble.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
80,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
A couple have gobbled since hitting the ground. Not very enthusiastic.

181 - 200 of 239 Posts