Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard one at the farm Sunday about 8:30am . Thats about the time I got there. I didnt go down early to listen.

Not hearing much chatter about gobbling this year.

Reactions: 20'

·
King of Callaway
42,479 Posts
Not gobbling except on the roost around here, but it's still March.

Reactions: 20' and Hawk

·
Registered
20,978 Posts
I have not heard my first gobble of spring this year. Usually by now I've heard a bird or two near the house and perhaps even from one of my hunting spots. I will plan to start listening a little more in my hunting spots in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully then.

·
Deadeye
5,919 Posts
Been gobbling in the boro for 3 weeks now

Reactions: 20' and Hawk

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
Reactions: Hawk

·
1,550 Posts
Gobbling all over here , and have been for a couple of weeks . We had 3 strutters in the bean field below the house on Sunday afternoon

·
Don't mind me
9,183 Posts
Haven't been outside too much but when it was nice Saturday I heard my first gobbles when I was shooting my rifle. Then I heard 3 more on 3 separate properties later in the day.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Heard a few last Saturday all early morning still on roost till about 9:30 one came in to the area I called from just after sunrise.
Then at dusk at fly up time I heard 3 saying good night.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Been hearing them in the morning on roost. Got one now sounding off just east of the house in the hayfield.
Mark

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Saw a couple Strutters in northern Adair County this morning. Haven't seen a whole lot this year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Went out last wknd in Callaway to listen. I heard one that gobbled pretty good off the roost on the neighbor. Decided to sit by a tree and watch a big field. 30 minutes later I had 5 toms follow a group of hens into the field. I never heard them gobble once but they were all strutting and ready to go. Hopefully they stick around so I can get my son on one next wknd. Good luck this year fellas.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hope they stick around for him.

·
Senior Hunter
3,287 Posts
Been gobbling on the roost here for a couple weeks. Around 8-9 am seen a gobbler strutting with a hen in the field my the house. Yesterday one was with 3 hens.

·
Biology nit wit exposer
79,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are still bunched here this morning. Crows got one bunch going a few minutes ago and they are still having a gobbling contest. Owls got some started up west for just a little bit. They weren't vocal long.

Its still early. But I don't expect much more than these bunches this morning.

Reactions: ILoveDeer

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have one bird in my 300 acres in gasconade county. It has been gobbling. One other bird way off on the couple 1000 neighbor acres I can hear. Have been to 3 conservation areas in gasconade and osage counties at dawn 3 different days. Heard a total of 2 birds, on 3500 or so acres. This during the timeframe ( late March, early april) that is typically the peak for gobbling.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts