Go Where You Never Do

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by oneshot 1, Oct 29, 2010.

1. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I was Turkey hunting this morning,decided to go on down this ridge where I hadn't been before,I dropped just over the edge,very nice clear Shelf. :thinking: I thought man this would be great for Deer,little bit had a Young Buck come out 15 yards from me.

This got me to thinking why don't we go some places on Government Land?

Some places are just too hard to get into,this is a No Brainer.But why hadn't I found this Shelf? Its easy to get to,looks Great.Well the Trail I usually follow takes me to the end of the Ridge or along a road through a Clearing,I've always just went through the Clearing dropped off in the woods.

Why don't people hunt that Hill or that Holler,or that Field??? It seems they follow Trails or Roads come to a place just off of it that looks promising missing alot of places in between.

Found couple other promising places.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin don't go there because he don't want to get lost.

2. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some places are like you say, "just too hard to get into".

3. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

Some people don't like to explore. They figure if the road is still going, they must not be there yet. :D

4. glennasher1

glennasher1 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Radcliff, KY
    Now, it's easy to get to, as you say. How about the $64,000 question?

How easy would it be to get a deer OUT of there?:confused:

It might be easy to get to, on foot, carrying just a bow or rifle, but how's it gonna be, trying to drag out a deer? There are lots of places I can haul myself into, but oftentimes it's hard to haul myself out. Add a deer to the mix, and sometimes it just ain't worth it.

These things work on my mind, since I'm lazy and all that.

Dad always said, "don't shoot a deer you can't drive up to". Dads are smart.:D

5. adamwytt

adamwytt New Member

Nov 6, 2008
    JOCOMO
    I never base where I hunt on wheather or not I can get a deer out, being said I will not shoot a doe, if its going to be a tough drag, but there's not much won't do for a wallhanger

6. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    [rquote=1870183&tid=130160&author=adamwytt]I never base where I hunt on wheather or not I can get a deer out, being said I will not shoot a doe, if its going to be a tough drag, but there's not much won't do for a wallhanger[/rquote]

:whistle: I always let my wife worry about getting them out.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin just roll it down the hill.

7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    ONESHOT, I AM SURE THERE IS A LOT OF GROUND THAT HAS NEVER SEEN A HUMAN!

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I like to go where I never do, it keeps my do out of my shoe! Hey, I'm a poet!!:claphands:

9. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I also like to do where I never go!:D

10. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    Human nature. Form follows habit.:cheers: