GM filing brupt?

Discussion in 'Politics ......... (OPT IN)' started by Rebel2, May 22, 2009.

1. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Did I read that right this mornin on the ticker?

2. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

been the buzz for a few weeks.

So what was the final bailout talley we threw at em?

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I vote we stop making anything here in the U.S. of A. and import everything. That should make the Libs happy.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    wandered the same thing how much they got..

and since they gonna file, do they have to repay the tarp funds?

5. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
  6. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    GM = Government Motors.

:D

7. UrbanHunter

UrbanHunter Well-Known Member

Worst part is, like in Chrysler, bondholders are having to sue just to get the O Admin. to honor contract law! Bondholders are ALWAYS first in the event of bankruptcy... only reason anyone loaned them money in the first place. First call on collaterized assets.
    Goverment will HAVE to own them, cause now, no one will buy their paper.

8. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    Ya and when is the goverment gonna sell them and get the money back, I mean I don't think the gov can sucessfully run a car line

9. UrbanHunter

I don't know, fishy... they seem to run the VA Hospitals just fine, don't they? I know the Ed Dept. does a fine job of edumacating our youngun's...
    Get ready for Yugos, only without the power and styling!:woot:

10. 1FastCam

1FastCam New Member

Nov 25, 2002
    CT
    [rquote=1272109&tid=89057&author=UrbanHunter]Get ready for Yugos, only without the power and styling!:woot:[/rquote]

:cheers:

11. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1272109&tid=89057&author=UrbanHunter]I don't know, fishy... they seem to run the VA Hospitals just fine, don't they? I know the Ed Dept. does a fine job of edumacating our youngun's...
    Get ready for Yugos, only without the power and styling!:woot:[/rquote]

:thinking: You may be right, they do more right than I give em credit for, they may not do it like but I'm not 100% right either.

The dept of Ed isn't a good example, but I'm marrying a teacher so I gotta skewed opinion :rof2:

12. mrb

mrb New Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Moberly, Mo
    [rquote=1271941&tid=89057&author=Mailman]I vote we stop making anything here in the U.S. of A. and import everything. That should make the Libs happy.[/rquote]

Heck no it won't....... they just go after something else and we ani't got much else to give em...... :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

13. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1272139&tid=89057&author=mrb][rquote=1271941&tid=89057&author=Mailman]I vote we stop making anything here in the U.S. of A. and import everything. That should make the Libs happy.[/rquote]

Heck no it won't....... they just go after something else and we ani't got much else to give em...... :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:[/rquote]

X2 A lot of people in this country would as the saying goes, whine if we hung em with a new rope :whiteflag:

14. UrbanHunter

Jeez... I was being sarcastic! the VA is the pits. Long lines, lousy recordkeeping, etc.
    Look at standardized tests and the Fed's involvement in education. As the Fed took more lead, the education our kids got went down.
    Example, in the KC area, the Catholic school population passed the public schools two years ago. The KC School District has 500 people listed as "administrators".
    Diocese has 5. No wonder it costs twice as much to get half the education.
    Those 500 basically fill out forms to show compliance with the Fed and to get their money.

15. fishshooter

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    [rquote=1272145&tid=89057&author=UrbanHunter]Jeez... I was being sarcastic! the VA is the pits. Long lines, lousy recordkeeping, etc.
    Look at standardized tests and the Fed's involvement in education. As the Fed took more lead, the education our kids got went down.
    Example, in the KC area, the Catholic school population passed the public schools two years ago. The KC School District has 500 people listed as "administrators".
    Diocese has 5. No wonder it costs twice as much to get half the education.
    Those 500 basically fill out forms to show compliance with the Fed and to get their money.[/rquote]

Ohh sorry, I'm a bit slow :scared: I know a lot of times we don't give them enough credit but they sure mess some things up :shrug:

16. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    [rquote=1272109&tid=89057&author=UrbanHunter]I don't know, fishy... they seem to run the VA Hospitals just fine, don't they?[/rquote]

:whistle:

17. UrbanHunter

Again, sarcasm.
    Chairman, I'd be interested in your take on this, but my uncle went to the VA, and I have an employee that goes to the VA.
    My impression is it's a lot like the license bureau, only slower and dirtier?

18. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    I knew exactly what you were saying from the get-go, UH...I've spent many a time in & at VA hospitals (for the past 30 years).

I've been in VA hospitals that were old, dilapidated & filthy, and I've been in the newer high-tech VA hospitals.

I'm not gonna get into my experiences, because I'd rather just forget & move on. Besides...I don't have that much time, nor do I feel like typing a novel.

Just suffice it to say that I quit going to the VA hospital when I'm sick, a couple of years ago. I finally got some insurance that allows me to go to a private doctor. The last straw was being misdiagnosed 3 times in the past 2 years (for the same problem!), and I finally had enough. "Free" healthcare ain't all it's cracked up to be.

It takes some getting used to, being treated like a real person now, but I'm hanging in there... :D