Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock recoil spring rod snapped. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do for a replacement?

Is a metal assembly available somewhere?

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Contact Glock service dept. If I were you I would make arrangements to send in the whole gun, they will go through the whole gun and replace any part that even looks like it is worn.

Don't have the phone number in front of me right now but if you need it let me know and I will get it for you.

I have 2 older Glocks I need to send in myself now that I think of it:stickfight:

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't want another Glock rod. That part should have been made of steel to begin with. I have located a replacement that even allows for replacement of the spring. The Glock doesn't have that feature. Other than this it's a fine shooter.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Trans Hoos, I am with you sir, Glock has been pretty good to me. I do not know if it is the liability thing or just plain good customer service.

·
2,842 Posts
You can get a stainless steel guide rod I think from midway, I know Brownell's sells it. You can also get a spring kit with different springs. A word of warning though, if you go to changing springs, it will change how the gun shoots. If you go to too light a spring it may not cycle, too heavy a spring and it will really buck in your hand. Also the stainless ones are not a captured spring, so whenever you disassemble the gun, the rod and spring will come out. Not a problem, just not as convenient as the factory captured one. All that said, I put a stainless in my model 22 and really like it. If you really want to sweeten one up do a search for the glock .25 cent trigger job. This gives you step by step instructions on how to completely disassemble your glock, every piece, which allows you to do a very thorough cleaning, and then it shows you which parts and areas to polish with rubbing compound like Flitz metal polish. Really smooths up the action. Boog

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I have shot through several thousand rounds in G26 & G19 models, no problems. You will here pros and cons, weed out the dirt and plant your own experiences sir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.