Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wandered over here from the QDMA site the other day. It's nice to have a resource of guys in my own area. I live in Macon Co. & own 135 acres in SW Knox Co. This is my 2nd year of food plotting. Like everything else I do, it's become an obcession. No half measures for this boy. Year one, I had about 10 1/4 acre plots. Not enough, this year, I have 3 acres of clover in 2 plots, 8.5 acre field surrounded by timber that's planted with 3 acres of corn/ sunflower/forage sorghum. 1.5 acre forage sorghum/sunflowers, 1-1/4 acre buckwheat with three small plots of clover. Along with several small out of the way plots.

This farm had 35 acres of tillable ground in 3 different fields. This year the 8.5 acres came out of production, next year the other 2 fields come out. I've been working closely with the conservation/NRCS office on signing as much as possible into different CRP programs other than general signup. The 3 acres of clover is going to be planted in trees next spring (already signed up & signup bonus deposited) Now working on getting 40 yd quail buffers around all the rest of the existing fields. What's left over will all be foodplot.

I'm sure I'm gonna be asking a lot of questions & posting a lot of pics. Here's a link that shows some of my progress thus far.

Deer & food plot pics

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Howdy n welcome......Sounds like you have some great property and all that hard work is paying off.. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,987 Posts
Howdy and welcome!:roll2:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Welcome! I am also a regular visitor to the qdma site...you're gonna like it here!

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Holy cow, never expected this kind of welcome. I appreciate all the kind words.

Doesn't anyone work in Missouri? I just started this thread this morning & here it is noon & 13 people have already responded. Personally, I'm self employed & my shop is 2 blocks from the house. Some days that's a real problem.

you responded to a post I made on the QDMA site
is that how you found this one?
rmr, yes it is. Apprciate the guidance.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Originally posted by pinwheel

Doesn't anyone work in Missouri? I just started this thread this morning & here it is noon & 13 people have already responded.
Number one, you use the word "work" again on this site and the post is gonna be reported and you may get a warning from the powers that be.

Number two, only 13 people have responded? Yes, it is a slow day. Sorry

:D :wave: :D

·
10,944 Posts
Pin
hello and welcome. my farm is south of steffanville a bit, cant be to far from you. i also have been using NRCS, and MDC cost share to plant trees, warm season grasses, fescue killin etc. food plots are commin along, just got a 2010 JD to help with the hoggin and discin. come on down for a hunt sometime. got a 4 acre lake with nice catfish also.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.