Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

Given Recent 2-3 year harvest numbers, are you in favor of all day turkey hunting.

• Yes

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • No

Votes: 61 62.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 2.1%
1 - 20 of 315 Posts

· Máistir an pointe hocht.
75,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question.

Given the lower harvest numbers, how are you currently thinking about a move to All Day Turkey Hunting in the Spring. Yes, you have to vote to see results, but voting is anonymous. I wouldn't want someone stalking you, just because you voted with your heart. :D

Ready, set.... GO! :D

· Banned
81,617 Posts
I think the last couple have been around 60% against. This one may go higher.

· Banned
66,381 Posts

· Banned
66,381 Posts
statewide 2018 postseason turkey survey results
Rectangle Font Brand Magenta Paper product

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I don't care what the biologists, Hawks, or anybody else says about harvest numbers not impacting overall turkey population etc etc etc, if MDC decides to liberalize the season at a time when we are at a 20 year harvest low then they are going to get raked over the coals
Maybe by some whining old hunters that cant read and understand

· Registered
14,419 Posts
Maybe by some whining old hunters that cant read and understand
those "whining" old hunters are the guys that get it done under the current regs. The real whiners are the guys begging for an unnecessary reg change, just like the crossbow guys. You know the guys that use the 1 p.m. shutoff as an excuse on why they don't hunt now? They will have a new excuse if all day hunting is implemented. Some people just like to whine, others go make a pile

· Banned
66,381 Posts
those "whining" old hunters are the guys that get it done under the current regs. The real whiners are the guys begging for an unnecessary reg change, just like the crossbow guys. You know the guys that use the 1 p.m. shutoff as an excuse on why they don't hunt now? They will have a new excuse if all day hunting is implemented. Some people just like to whine, others go make a pile
Then you should have nothing to worry about.

· Lunch break commander
8,801 Posts
I really love the idea of being able to take the kids after school. Even though I have full custody the boys are supposed to see ther mom every other weekend. When my weekend falls in the middle of season that only gives them one Saturday and Sunday is out so that leaves one day to take them

15,014 Posts
what are the hunter numbers or tags sold the last 2 years compared to the last 10 or 20 years?

Reactions: Pastor

1,533 Posts
I'm sure all day hunting wouldn't bring in more hunters, who wouldn't shoot more turkey's. Just like crossbows haven't hasn't changed the harvest numbers in deer. I Just like hunters don't affect populations because all those animals that are killed, would of died anyways by something else. Common sense guys! Humans don't cause any positive or negative effect in the world. We are just even Steven's.

Reactions: henry

· Banned
66,381 Posts
what are the hunter numbers or tags sold the last 2 years compared to the last 10 or 20 years?
Lower than they have been in the past. We arent recruiting new turkey hunters because we have limited opportunities so much

· Banned
66,381 Posts
I'm sure all day hunting wouldn't bring in more hunters, who wouldn't shoot more turkey's. Just like crossbows haven't hasn't changed the harvest numbers in deer. I Just like hunters don't affect populations because all those animals that are killed, would of died anyways by something else. Common sense guys! Humans don't cause any positive or negative effect in the world. We are just even Steven's.
When you shoot animals with a very high natural mortality rate you dont have an impact, especially when 98% of those animals are male.

· Banned
66,381 Posts
Reactions: Lazarus

· Super Moderator
28,539 Posts
When you shoot animals with a very high natural mortality rate you dont have an impact, especially when 98% of those animals are male.
everything has a mortality rate and you have the turkeys mortality rate WRONG!!! They don't fall over dead or into predators mouth between 2-3 years old! if they make to the limb their lifespan increase exponentially!

· Banned
66,381 Posts
everything has a mortality rate and you have the turkeys mortality rate WRONG!!! They don't fall over dead or into predators mouth between 2-3 years old! if they make to the limb their lifespan increase exponentially!
Argue with the turkey biologists and researcher that went out and gps tracked these 10s of 1000s of birds and said their lifespan is so short then. Obviously you are a turkey guru with lots of research experience, show them why they are wrong...

1 - 20 of 315 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.