Gimmick or genius?

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Hooks, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    Alright, with Turkey season on the horizon, I thought we could have a discussion about something other than eggsucker impacts and all day hunting.
    There aren't many topics that I find myself sitting on the fence, but I will say my attitude has changed from being a definite skeptic (right up there with the acorn cruncher) to finding myself more open following a conversation with someone whose opinion I respect.
    So.....is there anything to these Hecs suits for hunting? Open to all opinions....and no, I don't currently own one and have no plans on buying one.

2. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    I don't leave home without one.
    Woodsmanship is overrated!

3. tcwild

tcwild Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    holden,mo
    My opinion is it's genius if it seperates your money from your wallet. Don't know much of anything about them but figure every TV hunter around would be wearing one if they thought they might help in accomplishing my first sentence.

Hooks likes this.
  4. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    last year there was a big discussion about them on Archery Talk,,,

Hooks likes this.
  5. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    I wear one but not hunting. Just use it for Walmart and beer runs

Heck it works good

Hooks, fishshooter and 90acres like this.
  6. DCSarchette

DCSarchette Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Bland, Mo.
    I have no clue what a hec suit is, so obviously I don't wear one.

sharps4590, daniel chrisman and Hooks like this.
  7. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    If they would hunt/kill turkey, deer, etc. on TV in areas other than obvious high fence then maybe........

And that's a big maybe.........

Hooks your a killer anyways! If you buy one of these "suits" ..... that would just be "unfair"......

Hooks likes this.
  8. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I'm going to get one eventually. Right now I'm saving up for a silent turkey whistle.

Skduckhunt, tcwild, Dafish and 2 others like this.
  9. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    And if you cant get a hek suit ...buy a tent/blind -pop up thingy ;)...next best thing

Hooks likes this.
  10. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    No idea ain't got one and have no plans to buy one, if someone gave me one, I wouldn't have to Christmas shop for someone that year.

beardsNspurs78 and Hooks like this.
  11. Vikestand

Vikestand Over There

12. jehrbo

jehrbo Full Fledged Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Oh Fallon
    Its only silly until it's proven tried and true.... which is why it seems silly to me currently.
    I had to Google it as I don't have the pursuit channel.

Hooks likes this.
  13. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    I see you are still in need of an azz whooping. My kid is 16 now and lifting weights. Every year you put it off, the beat down is gonna be worse.
    This is serious bizzness!

fullfan, Wings Fan 19 and rat like this.
  14. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    Pure genius. Do they come in orange.

15. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    Does anyone one else ever wonder..... If you wore a Hecs suit, combined with Ozonics, Scent Away spray, and sat in a double bull blind... You might just disappear from Earth, and end up in a parallel universe where everyone acts, looks, and talks like @rat or @Refuze2falo.... :wave1:

I have woken up in a cold sweat on more than one occasion due to this nightmare. I don't risk it. :eek:

16. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Of course it works, sheesh. On their website they have a video where a nearly blind armadillo walks right by a hunter.

hecs suit.JPG

Hooks likes this.
  17. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    Ive yet to find a turkey this dumb but it is a cali turkey

Hooks likes this.
  18. Keef

Keef Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Clark Co, MO
    The only way you could legitimately prove that it works or doesn't work would be to exactly replicate an experience with and without the HECS. The wind, sun, etc would have to be exactly the same. Of course, that can't be done.
    Did you notice that they usually don't wear a face mask? Why not, wouldn't your head/face give off those killer electronic waves? I am not a believer.

trailblazer75 and Hooks like this.
  19. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    They don't have to cover their faces because of the tin foil they wear under their beanies.

20. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

I have been to that parallel universe where everyone talks and acts like rat and rop. The good news is there are only 2 people in that universe.

Skduckhunt and callaojoe like this.