now thats Cool, Congrats to Him:wink4:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
One awesome buck. Local news did a story on it last night here........:eek:

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Yeah, I wish the local news would also make mention of the citations that Mr. Wise received during the 2005 season. I suppose I may be one of the few that is skeptical here as I have gotten the inside story on this. Would these companies be courting him if they knew of such?

Also, they keep reporting this deer to be #2 in the world. It is a cactus buck for goodness sake. It can't be officially scored.

Oh, and BTW, it is a great deer for sure. I would love to be in Mr. Wise's shoes, and then again I wouldn't.

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
PoisonSnake, please enlighten us about these citations......now you're makin me skeptical...lol

·
PURE KILLER
38,018 Posts
one heck of a buck:cheers:

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Heres what i dont get about somethng like this. EVERYTIME someone Kills a big deer or world record, someone has got to question the Deer and its Validity or the Man and his Ethics.

Not to say that some folks have done some bad things to get Big deer. EVERYTIME someone says nope, not real, or nope hes a jerk, or i heard he shot it after hours or something.

and EVERYTIME i get tired of it. this Buck may fit into one of the Catigories in BuckMasters, heck thats why its there, to let the bucks in that p&y and b&c wont let in. WHY NOT! i see nothing wrong with it.

maybe there is a story behind this deer or not, maybe theres a story behind this guy or not.

but personally it bugs the hell out of me.. if you know something about it, dont just throw out "i wish they woulduve said". tell us the citations he got..if any. if you dont know, then just say nice buck.

sorry folks, but i hate the pesimistic world we live in. this story makes me want to hunt harder.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Fireman: Obviously the check-in violation that was associated with this deer is one. But, that goes along with the confiscation of this deer to begin with, so I don't think that one matters a great deal.

Mr. Wise, however, was cited for hunting over bait in November. I'm not much for passing on second hand information, but I believe in another thread, someone had posted the violations Mr. Wise had received in 2005 and baiting was not one of them. My information comes, however, from a very legitimate source.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=259099&page=2&highlight=howard+county

See the above thread as well. Herein Mr. Wise is defending himself. I will say this; since the MDC could not make a case, I am glad he got the rack back.

Whitetailer, I would say my source on this is as good as you can get. Now, the MDC didn't have enough on him to confiscate the rack. Furthermore, I make no mention of that. But, I do know of some red flags drawn to this fellow. Still a great deer. BTW, I too get tired of all of the hype when someone kills a big deer.

Does it mean Mr. Wise didn't do this thing entirely legal? Of course not. It just draws a red flag to the issue and of course to himself.

·
1,195 Posts
Good post! Sure does make you wonder when you read all the different rumors floating around, probably be something only a couple people will ever know what really happened.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now, what I'm about to post doesn't automatically make Mr. Wise's buck suspect, but it certainly could leave a seed of doubt in your mind. If it's the same guy that shot that buck, he should probably explain himself. There wasn't any mention of either of these cases in the newspaper article. Additionally, the same fellow has a pending case in Howard County for failing to wear orange. I don't think the people who are posting that they are doubters are jealous or envious, I believe there is some reasonable possibilty for a taint on Wise's accomplishment and until the record is set straight, it is a worthy topic of debate and reflection.

A Billy G. Wise II has the following guilty pleas on his record:

Case No.: 227154 - ST V WISE, BILLY G II - Pursuing/Taking/Killed/Possessed Or Disposed Of Wildlife Illegally { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 252.040 } Date: 12/12/2005 HOWARD COUNTY Disposition Guilty Plea - 12/23/2005 Fine Arresting Agency: MO DEPT OF CONV-PROTECTION DV

Case No.: 227626 - ST V WISE, BILLY G Pursuing/Taking/Killed/Possessed Or Disposed Of Wildlife Illegally { Misdemeanor A RSMo: 252.040 }Date: 11/12/2005 HOWARD COUNTY Disposition: Guilty Plea - 12/16/2005 Fine Arresting Agency: MO DEPT OF CONV-PROTECTION DV

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Leaker: I think you are correct in posting this. I do believe that the one case only reflects a check-in violation on the current deer. The other citations only taint things for Mr. Wise. That is all. It does not make Mr. Wise at all guilty for harvesting this deer by improper means. The MDC has not been able to make a case, so this much is true. However, my initial question still remains; would some of these sponsorships be offered ifn' the whole story were told? I seriously doubt it. Furthermore, the seed of doubt has been planted in my mind and will not be leaving anytime soon. :rotfl:pS

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
With those 2 cases on his record, I would be suspect if it were a spike buck WhiteTailer!!! But, with him getting his rack back, and no charges filed in that particular hunt...I'll be the first to congratulate him...one heckuva deer.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Good post Fireman.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
thats the point Fireman!! they werent on this Big buck, and that was known before those charges were even posted on this thread!!

i dont know why this struck a cord with me, but in this Country, you are Guilty until you prove your innocence, and even then it dosent matter. the Damage of hear say is already done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
With those 2 cases on his record, I would be suspect if it were a spike buck WhiteTailer!!! But, with him getting his rack back, and no charges filed in that particular hunt...I'll be the first to congratulate him...one heckuva deer.
Yes, Fireman, wise words indeed. It may be the only course we have.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
There was a checkin violation on this deer. But, anyone could make that mistake. Used to, you had 24 hours to check a deer. These days, I think it has to be checked by 10pm, bow or gun.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts