Geo Tracker

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by Roman Nose, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Roman Nose

Roman Nose Active Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Anyone use a Geo Tracker as there hunting rig instead of an atv/utv? If so how do you like it and how do they get around on trails and such? If anyone does own them please post pics. I've been wanting to buy a Polaris Ranger for some time now but every time I go to buy one I just can't talk myself into spending the money. I have an opportunity to buy a Geo Tracker that has been built up a little bit and am seriously considering due to the price being a fraction of the cost. It's a little rough looking but the motor has been gone through, floor boards replaced, good top, lower gears, welded rear end, small lift, custom front and rear bumpers, steel skid plates all underneath, and new 31" super swamper tires. Not nearly as cool looking as a ranger but seems like it may be a good buy if it will do what I want it to. No serious four wheeling but my farm has a lot of big rocky hillsides and a lot of steep trails. Any input will be appreciated.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. BackyardBandit

BackyardBandit Don't mind me

Jan 12, 2012
    West St. Louis Co.
    I know nothing about them other than they are awesome if fixed up for four wheeling, but a quick google search shows the tracker is twice the weight of a utv. Something to consider depending on the layout of the land.

3. dsarchette

dsarchette New Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Belle, Mo.
    I have a cousin that resides and caretakes a little under 400 acres. The owner has 4 wheelers, side by sides, dirtbikes, tractors, and an ol beat up geo tracker. My cousin uses the geo 95% of the time especially in bad weather. It will go anywhere, and most the time in 2 wd. In 4 wd it is about unstopable. I have been with him on several occasions and feel it will go places most 4 wheelers won't.
  4. WBF

WBF Wolf Brook Farms

Oct 25, 2013
    With the price of utv's going through the roof, you definitely have the right idea. Heat in the winter and A/C in the summer. They will go just about anywhere a utv will go. I would consider one in a heart beat.
    bverboy and DCSarchette like this.
  5. Chucklehead

Chucklehead New Member

May 15, 2015
    Kansas City, Mo
    Put a winch on it, keep the shiny side facing the sky and you should be able to go just about anywhere you could w/ a UTV.
    Skduckhunt and DCSarchette like this.
  6. jawesome357

jawesome357 The Instigator

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    I bought a Jeep Commanche 2 years ago and leave it out at the farm year round. I was gonna buy a UTV when a guy at work mentioned he had it. I traded him straight up for it. Best deal ever. Thing is a BEAST, and is always ready to go!

Attached Files:

• jeep.jpg
      File size:
      59.4 KB
  7. jehrbo

jehrbo Full Fledged Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Oh Fallon
    Or a Samurai. They're not as wide and will climb about anything.
    DCSarchette likes this.
  8. Light Man

Light Man Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Southeast Missouri
    I have a 1991 Mazda B2600i 4x4 that I thought about putting up for sale. I drove it locally but recently traded my diesel for a halfton and catch myself always driving the new truck. I had the little mazda to keep wear and tear off the diesel and my commute to work is only 1.5 miles... It is a strong running truck that uses just a little oil (thinking valve seals) and 5th gear is out (only drove in small town and no need for 5th gear).... Four wheel drive works and it is a tough little truck. If interested, I will get pics and post with price...
  9. Yahoo

Yahoo Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    If you don't like it, you can always get your money back out of it.
  10. PHhunter

PHhunter MOD-ER-ATOR

Jan 22, 2007
    We use early 80's Ford Broncos. Those things will flat out go.
  11. Refuze2falo

Refuze2falo Plain White Cracker

Aug 13, 2008
    We are neighbors
    It looks always ready to go as long as you have a tow unit
  12. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC

That as the day I picked it up from the guys house. It aint street legal so I had to haul it to the farm! :rules:
  13. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

The guy was dumb enough to trade for that red Dodge straight up? :eek:
  14. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC
    I would never, EVER trade away my dodge. Not for a Million bucks man. I traded an old honda recon 250 for it.
  15. Rack_Hunter

Rack_Hunter Sensitivity Aficionado

No one in their right mind drives a Dodge!! :D
    Crappie likes this.
  16. jawesome357

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC

Well the VA doctors always try and tell me I'm crazy so... :shrug:
  17. Roman Nose

Roman Nose Active Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Good info guys. Think I might pull the trigger. Anyone else use them or something similar?
  18. Boone11

Boone11 Member

Aug 3, 2011
    central mo
    There are a lot of Samurai forums you might check them out. I bet you gain some good insight.
  19. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    I thought techteacher or someone else? had a couple trackers or Samuris for sale earlier this year....
    I use to drive thru Green City and there was always several Trackers modified and looked like they were used for hunting buggies at the gas station
  20. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I sold samurais but will get another someday. I got a sxs but my samurais would go many more places the only problem was they were stick shift and harder to get in and out of than the sxs. They both have their place on a farm and really a samurai or tracker is a better all around machine. Biggest advantage is they can be licensed to drive on the road.
    DCSarchette likes this.