gee WHIZ, ya'll were right...

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by JrNation88, Nov 3, 2010.

1. JrNation88

JrNation88 Active Member

Jan 2, 2009
    BOCO
    Became interested in yalls talk of whizzing in mock scrapes and even looked at your pics. However, being from MO had had to see it to believe it so I made 3 mock scrapes down a small log road and did my best to whiz in them when I could. Last night it was my first night sitting in the stand with a scrape 5 yds from stand.

Hit the bleet a few times and a few grunts and here comes a brown creature starting to walk down the road. When it got closer I could tell it was a spike so he was gonna get a pass but lo and behold, he stopped at my scrape, smelled it, scraped it, and begin licking the branch above it!!

I almost started laughing out loud in my stand because it actually worked. Granted he was not a big un but to watch him go down the line working those was a site! :claphands:

:kewlpics:

2. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    :claphands:

I forgot to pee in the one I just set my trailcam over. Doh!

3. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    It does work well! My dad about had a stroke last year, we were scouting and found a fresh scrape and I stopped and peed in it, he about flipped! What are you doing, now youll spook him outta the country..lol so I hung a cam on it, and then found another scrape a couple hundred yards away and just hung a cam and didnt touch it. Dad was shocked at the pics, and a very nice mature buck was hitting the one I peed in 4 hours later!
    This year has been no different, I made a mock scrape last week in the middle of a ridge with no sign anywhere, and hung a camera. Went back this week, and had 18 pics on that scrape, and a stud on it in daylight the very evening I made the mock scrape. I hunted there this morning and had a nice 2 year old 8 come in and rework my scrape, and make another new one 10 yards away. I got it all on video, and should have great trail cam video as well!

4. combatmedic

combatmedic Senior Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Boone County
    i`ve done it for years with good results....also pee from my stand....people think im nuts but u should see my wall....:D

5. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Oh man.....now I gotta go pee.:mad2:

6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    [rquote=1878960&tid=130868&author=HabitatMD]:claphands:

I forgot to pee in the one I just set my trailcam over. Doh![/rquote]

:whiteflag: That's not allowed! :D

Parker

7. Heavyhitter

Heavyhitter Active Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Miller County, MO
    This is funny, i was walking around in the woods checking my dad's gun stand with him on sunday and as we were walking i see a scrape. I told him to go piss in it and he thought i was crazy.I wish i woulda had my game camera with me to set it out over it but i didnt.