Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting my trail cams ready for placement. I’m really excited about this year because I went all digital. I’m placing the cameras the 3rd week of June. Anybody else getting pumped up?

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I went ahead and got one of mine out over one of my 'famous' licks clansey. I couldn't wait any longer. I'm not going back in to put the other one up until the place gets hayed though. My air vents in my Malibu are still spitting grass seed! :D

(And I know I said I wasn't going to get any put out til the 1st of July, but I couldn't wait any longer).

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Why not set it out now....I left one of mine out all year, hoping to watch the antler growth all summer, over a mineral lick. I plan on checking it this week, then again towards the end of July, then not again until bow season rolls around. With the digital, you can get tons of pics on a card, and battery life is alot better. Might have to go check it this afternoon....lol

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to leave my cameras out all year. The reason I don’t leave them out is because I have had a couple stolen. These cameras are very expense to replace. I only place them out during the summer when there is nobody in the woods. I use the cameras to show me the “potential†a property has. I take the cameras out in late August.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way, having had my cam stolen last month during turkey season. Word to the wise, unless you have absolute control and certainty regarding keeping trespassers off your land, be very careful about when your cam is out. Wish someone had told me that awhile back...

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Yea, I can understand that....that's gotta suck, losin one...I'd like to catch the sorry SOB's. I know the little padlock on mine will only stop the "honest" thief...

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
Yea, I can understand that....that's gotta suck, losin one...I'd like to catch the sorry SOB's. I know the little padlock on mine will only stop the "honest" thief...
Yep.....I worry about mine all of the time. So far they've always been there when I came back.

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Yea, the one I have left out is on my Uncle's farm....my other bowhuntin spot, I don't leave one during turkey/mushroom season for that reason, but want to get it out there soon....

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Yea, the one I have left out is on my Uncle's farm....my other bowhuntin spot, I don't leave one during turkey/mushroom season for that reason, but want to get it out there soon....
So are you going to go check it today then?! I SURE would like to see some pics!

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Yup, soon as I git up off my lazy arse!!!!!!lol....this AC and my little fan blowin on me, has me swallowed up by the "chairmonster".....lol

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Yup, soon as I git up off my lazy arse!!!!!!lol....this AC and my little fan blowin on me, has me swallowed up by the "chairmonster".....lol
DANG! I need to buy me one of those big comfy chairs! :bangin:

I've always wanted one!

Parker

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.