Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

New sub forums

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of you are very active in various areas of things from days gone by such as Black powder shooting, cast iron cooking, frontier/mountain man skills and traditional archery.

There has been some discussion of adding these sections to MWT if there is enough interest among membership.

·
Super Moderator
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, but I have on my fish/turkey fryer :) they hold heat great
Welp, then you have an interest in one of the possible new sections:wave: be great place for sharing recipes as well:cheers:

·
Don't mind me
9,227 Posts
Well this is a really freaking weird way of asking if we agree with Mailman about adding a traditional archery forum...
Nice to see you come back after a couple month hiatus from posting and only moderating to try to help out your buddy.

·
Registered
33,549 Posts
With the lack of activity here overall, I can't imagine a new section that is targeting a very minute audience will gain much traction.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,657 Posts
How bout a Hawk and Henry Debate section, that only they can see. :wave:

:D

·
Vendor
62,208 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know many of you are very active in various areas of things from days gone by such as Black powder shooting, cast iron cooking, frontier/mountain man skills and traditional archery.

There has been some discussion of adding these sections to MWT if there is enough interest among membership.
I feel like all of those topics can and are discussed in the adequate forums we already have. Catering to a tenth of a percent of forum membership to give them their own forum as a participation trophy is part of what is wrong with today's society. If adding more forums increases traffic then I think the Cleveland Browns will be adding tens of thousands more seats to create more fans at games.

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Seems like most threads can be headed with 4-6 words,and most people can figure out what it is about.
That being said,a vehicle/repair section would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
14,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel like all of those topics can and are discussed in the adequate forums we already have. Catering to a tenth of a percent of forum membership to give them their own forum as a participation trophy is part of what is wrong with today's society. If adding more forums increases traffic then I think the Cleveland Browns will be adding tens of thousands more seats to create more fans at games.
Black powder shooters are a misunderstood bunch and don't integrate well with NASCAR Fans and such:D

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
69,657 Posts
Honestly, there is already a muzzleloading forum, that already gets ignored a lot.

Why would adding another forum make any difference at all in this place, or how many people visit it.... :shrug:

People visit the site, when it's fun to do so. Seems like "fun" is way down on the list of priorities anymore.

If not for a good way to keep in touch with a few good friends, I doubt I would bother to visit it much anymore.

I was never on the Leroy Dibble bandwagon, and never bought a hat.... But, seems to me, if I am just being honest here...

There has been an effort to squash this place, by people who don't even bother to post much, or add very little of interesting content.... :shrug:

Adding some low interest forums isn't going to change that. :wave:

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,261 Posts
I think we should create 2 forums...1 for the guys that regularly kill **** moderated by guys that regularly kill **** and a 2nd for guys that talk about their made past successes moderated by guys with low self esteem and control issues.

·
Slayer of $$$ Birds
7,363 Posts
I think we should create 2 forums...1 for the guys that regularly kill **** moderated by guys that regularly kill **** and a 2nd for guys that talk about their made past successes moderated by guys with low self esteem and control issues.
And this folks has post of the year potential.

#WhiteNinjaWiseWords

·
Registered
31,395 Posts
Being about the only person here that actually cares enough to put all my threads in the correct sub forum, adding 4 more will only further confuse the already forum etiquette challenged members of this site.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts