Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these? Santa brought me one and I have not figured it out yet, any suggestions or info would be appreciated!!!!!!!!:wave::woot:

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
As with any new GPS unit you really need to just take it out and turn it on and start playing with it-----:cheers:

I'm on my 3ed GPS now and i'm sure that their are many features from all of them that I never used cause I never needed to know the information that it would provide-----That one is a mapping unit if memory serves me correct so it will take like 10,000 way points and several tracks-----

My advice is take it out---establish "HOME with it and then take off-----make sure you take the owners manual with you for reference as how do to things----

Dont get discouraged----Knowledge will come with use of the unit and above all--Have fun with it-----

PMan-------:cheers:

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I have never used a Garmin 60csx so I don't know much about them. As a matter of fact I don't know a whole lot about any of them. I have a Garmin Venture CX that I use for geocaching and I like it real well. A lot of geocachers claim that the Garmin 60csx is the best there is for geocaching. One thing I do know for sure is that Garmin has the best support that you can get. You can call them and talk to real American people that act like they really want to help. One time they sent me a $20 cable free when my credit card wouldn't work for some reason. Go to their website and read all you can, and read your manual real well and don't hesitate to call them if you have questions.

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
i have the nuvi 200 (christmas present) and i love the thing.

just remember...DO NOT leave it in pedestrian mode and then try to get directions from it to get anywhere in a timely manner. somehow mine got put into pedestrian mode and it took me 4.5 hours to get from owensville to springfield, problem was, i was so far lost i had no choice to follow its stupid directions.
got it figured out now, and i take it almost everywhere. i like how it saves my fastest speed:eek:

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Got the wife a TomTom and it couldn't be simpler to operate, went with this one because on-line updates are free and Garmin charges.

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy
i have the nuvi 200 (christmas present) and i love the thing.

just remember...DO NOT leave it in pedestrian mode and then try to get directions from it to get anywhere in a timely manner. somehow mine got put into pedestrian mode and it took me 4.5 hours to get from owensville to springfield, problem was, i was so far lost i had no choice to follow its stupid directions.
got it figured out now, and i take it almost everywhere. i like how it saves my fastest speed:eek:
I have that very same unit in my truck and I love it-----does everything I want it to do and then some--but YEP--like you said dont throw it into a mode and forget where you locked it---it will drive ya nuts until ya realize what ya did....:cheers:

·
Registered
31,310 Posts
Originally posted by Shrapnel
Got the wife a TomTom and it couldn't be simpler to operate, went with this one because on-line updates are free and Garmin charges.
my updates were free, first thing i did with it:thinking:

·
Retired
9,540 Posts
Originally posted by Jeremy
Originally posted by Shrapnel
my updates were free, first thing i did with it:thinking:
As were mine---All you have to do is register and hook it up with a standard Motorola jack and connect to the internet----:cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts