Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
We did a lot of wicking tubs last year . That works really well . But takes a lot of water almost daily when the fruit comes on. Family vacation this year no one to water so Doing regular in ground .
U
I didn鈥檛 get any manure on this winter what鈥檚 your go to fertilizer? Have used high nitrogen miracle grow in the beginning stages then lower when fruit starts.
Small garden 18 tomato plants a few cucumbers few peppers one zucchini

Registered
We did a lot of wicking tubs last year . That works really well . But takes a lot of water almost daily when the fruit comes on. Family vacation this year no one to water so Doing regular in ground .
U
I didn鈥檛 get any manure on this winter what鈥檚 your go to fertilizer? Have used high nitrogen miracle grow in the beginning stages then lower when fruit starts.
Small garden 18 tomato plants a few cucumbers few peppers one zucchini
Texas Tea......

Registered
Years ago I raised rabbits in my back yard and their droppings were perfect for home gardens. Hardly any smell and they were dry for the most part. I'd have to check the city codes here if I wanted to start up raising them again. Kept my freezer stocked with fresh bunny meat too!

Registered
I had to dump a few boxes of baking soda across the top of my garden. Noticed a lot of crabgrass and small weeds growing and sure enough soil test showed pH was just below 6. I've never done the baking soda thing so hopefully sprinkling it all over then watering does the trick. We mixed in a bunch of pine shavings and chicken poop back in March so I'm wondering if that's what lowered the pH or if it's been low for awhile. This is what we have going this year along with Plums and Apples that might fruit for the first time this year.

Mustard Greens, Lettuce, carrots, onions, garlic, horseradish, peppers, tomatoes, leeks, chives, amaranth, corn, potatoes, cucumbers, snow peas and various herbs.

Over There
I had to dump a few boxes of baking soda across the top of my garden. Noticed a lot of crabgrass and small weeds growing and sure enough soil test showed pH was just below 6. I've never done the baking soda thing so hopefully sprinkling it all over then watering does the trick. We mixed in a bunch of pine shavings and chicken poop back in March so I'm wondering if that's what lowered the pH or if it's been low for awhile. This is what we have going this year along with Plums and Apples that might fruit for the first time this year.

Mustard Greens, Lettuce, carrots, onions, garlic, horseradish, peppers, tomatoes, leeks, chives, amaranth, corn, potatoes, cucumbers, snow peas and various herbs.
What test do you use?

Registered

Not sure I understand. Crabgrass and weeds is indicative of a low pH?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts