Game Warden Question

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by DForbis, Nov 9, 2010.

1. How is a person to find your local Game Wardens number? Are we to just call the Operation Game Theif and they contact the Warden themselves? I know that on the many questions asked here on the "Ask MDC forum" we are told to contact our local agent. I was wanting to have mine in my phone just in case. I have some neighbors that have been doing some illegal stuff and may put a stop to it this year if it happens again.

2. Doubleshot75

Doubleshot75 Active Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Yes, call the 800 number for poaching. I can't remember the number, so you'll have to look it up.

PS: This is an example of the fact that they should come up with a number thats easy to remember. Like 800-poacher or something we won't forget in the field.

just sayin'

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Go to the MDC Website and there is a place there where you can enter your county and it will pull up your local Agent or Agents if you are lucky enough to have 2. Would post a link but im online with my phone. Also your County Sheriff's Office will have their contact information if you call and ask. Chris

4. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1887140&tid=131470&author=DForbis]How is a person to find your local Game Wardens number? Are we to just call the Operation Game Theif and they contact the Warden themselves? I know that on the many questions asked here on the "Ask MDC forum" we are told to contact our local agent. I was wanting to have mine in my phone just in case. I have some neighbors that have been doing some illegal stuff and may put a stop to it this year if it happens again. [/rquote]

Help your agent out if you're gonna pick up the phone on someone. Pictures or video's go a lot further in court than a single person affidavit. License #'s, dates, times, names. The more details you can provide, the better your chances of your agent being able to help.:cheers:

5. cummins5.9

cummins5.9 Baller, shot caller

Sep 27, 2006
    Yes
    I believe the number is 1-800-CARP-COP.

6. [rquote=1887183&tid=131470&author=pinwheel][rquote=1887140&tid=131470&author=DForbis]How is a person to find your local Game Wardens number? Are we to just call the Operation Game Theif and they contact the Warden themselves? I know that on the many questions asked here on the "Ask MDC forum" we are told to contact our local agent. I was wanting to have mine in my phone just in case. I have some neighbors that have been doing some illegal stuff and may put a stop to it this year if it happens again. [/rquote]

Help your agent out if you're gonna pick up the phone on someone. Pictures or video's go a lot further in court than a single person affidavit. License #'s, dates, times, names. The more details you can provide, the better your chances of your agent being able to help.:cheers:[/rquote]

I am planning on it. I had the evidence there last year. He was just shooting does, not tagging them, and leaving them lay. He shot some on our side too. It won't happen again this year. I didn't find them last year until about 3 days after gun season so I didn't call the game warden.

7. [rquote=1887182&tid=131470&author=ccso640]Go to the MDC Website and there is a place there where you can enter your county and it will pull up your local Agent or Agents if you are lucky enough to have 2. Would post a link but im online with my phone. Also your County Sheriff's Office will have their contact information if you call and ask. Chris[/rquote]

I started out looking on there and didn't find anything like that. If you can find it will you post the link in here?

8. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    Its 1-800-392-1111.

What illegal activities are they exactly doing?

Also, don't get yourself caught in a "trickbag" tresspassing on their land to take photos of them doing illegal stuff.

That would fall under the "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree Doctrine" assuming that evidence obtained illegally is inadmissible, and you would be held liable.

9. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    [rquote=1887288&tid=131470&author=DForbis][rquote=1887182&tid=131470&author=ccso640]Go to the MDC Website and there is a place there where you can enter your county and it will pull up your local Agent or Agents if you are lucky enough to have 2. Would post a link but im online with my phone. Also your County Sheriff's Office will have their contact information if you call and ask. Chris[/rquote]

I started out looking on there and didn't find anything like that. If you can find it will you post the link in here?[/rquote]

http://mdc.mo.gov/contact-us :cheers:

10. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
  11. PoisonSnake

PoisonSnake Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Australia
    DForbis: I can help you out.

12. [rquote=1887309&tid=131470&author=PoisonSnake]DForbis: I can help you out. [/rquote]

Sounds good to me. U2U me.

13. [rquote=1887293&tid=131470&author=conradtactical]Its 1-800-392-1111.

What illegal activities are they exactly doing?

Also, don't get yourself caught in a "trickbag" tresspassing on their land to take photos of them doing illegal stuff.

That would fall under the "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree Doctrine" assuming that evidence obtained illegally is inadmissible, and you would be held liable.
    [/rquote]

All the evidence I needed was on my side of the fence. In fact one of the does was laying dead on the fence. I can't tell you how mad I was last year!! It WON'T happen again this year.

14. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    [rquote=1887295&tid=131470&author=BigJake][rquote=1887288&tid=131470&author=DForbis][rquote=1887182&tid=131470&author=ccso640]Go to the MDC Website and there is a place there where you can enter your county and it will pull up your local Agent or Agents if you are lucky enough to have 2. Would post a link but im online with my phone. Also your County Sheriff's Office will have their contact information if you call and ask. Chris[/rquote]

I started out looking on there and didn't find anything like that. If you can find it will you post the link in here?[/rquote]

http://mdc.mo.gov/contact-us :cheers:[/rquote]

Thanks for posting that. We can all use it.

15. Yeah, I plugged the GW's in the counties I hunt into my phone:wave:

16. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    You should probably call him now and give him a heads up, always helps when law enforcement is aware of a potential problem ahead of time. He will be MORE THAN HAPPY to take care of that problem for ya, trust me on that. He/she may even ask you a few questions or give you some pointers that will help him out in the event that the same crime is taking place this year. Chris