Game Camera Experts

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by primetimehunter, Feb 26, 2018.

1. primetimehunter

primetimehunter Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Hey guys,

So I just found out yesterday I was able to get a lease for the 2018 season and couldn't be more tickled. I want to get game cameras setup right away to see what has made it through the season. I was looking to buy between 5-10 new game cameras and came across the Cudde Back Cuddelink system. Has anyone had any experience with these? The concept seems awesome as i wouldn't have to disturb other hunting areas but just curious how well they work? I can't decide if it is worth the extra money or just buy multiple cheaper cameras and just have to manually check them. Does anyone have any good recommendations on standard cameras that aren't too pricey? Thanks for the feedback guys and I look forward to sharing deer stories come September!
  2. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I have a thread on this if you search. It has pictures and my reviews. The home camera seems to eat up batteries. It may have been the batteries or just that cam. We switched it with another and are trying it again.

3. wingman

wingman Well-Known Member

May 30, 2012
    Even tho the system is a cuddeback proprietary system it is still subject to the same drawbacks with a signal as cellular systems.Thick woods and hills will block signals between the cams and prevent images being sent to the home cam. Every setup is different and while some areas it works great, in other areas it is a huge disappointment. YMMV
    BustinBucks likes this.
  4. DoubleLiver

DoubleLiver Gentry County, NE KS

Aug 20, 2015
    Dakota County, MN
    You have about 2 weeks until all the sheds are on the ground and no longer walking in front of cameras.
  5. primetimehunter

Nov 18, 2010
    Yes I understand when deer shed their antlers. Thanks for the feedback on the cameras
  6. primetimehunter

Nov 18, 2010
    Thanks, i will take a look.
  7. techteacher

techteacher Land buying addiction Lifetime Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2009
  8. DougC

DougC Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2008
    And the big boys will start growing them back almost immediately! Perfect time to have a camera over a mineral lick.
    BustinBucks likes this.
  9. bassbuster83

bassbuster83 Active Member

Nov 5, 2005
    I really like coverts. I always pick them up on clearance from wing supply. Have 4 an only had an issue one time an their customer service is awesome. Might not be the highest quality out there but does it job an battery life last forever.
  10. swat1018

swat1018 Active Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Cuddelink is getting pretty good reviews everywhere.
  11. BustinBucks

BustinBucks I will use the report button

Jul 31, 2006
    Eagleville, MO
    It’s still a cuddeback product
  12. TwistedOak17

TwistedOak17 New Member

Aug 29, 2017
    I've also had very good luck with Coverts. Very good customer service, and great user friendly phone app.
  13. antlercrazed

antlercrazed Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    North Missouri
    Covert Cell cameras worked well for us all year, it helped me pattern and kill my biggest buck ever this year.We had about 10 of them running.Get an external battery and run rechargeable in the cameras, get you 4 of them an download the covert app and I think you will be satisfied with the results.