Gage scored on a good one last weekend

Discussion in 'Youth Hunts & Photos' started by riverbottomhunter, Apr 14, 2017.

1. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    Last Sunday Gage got to properly break in the new farm.

First bird came in just after fly down but hung up 10 yards behind the blind just through some thick brush that he couldnt' get a shot. Had to settle for watching him strut and hearing him drum for over 10 minutes. Figured he didn't like the pretty boy so after he walked off I snuck out and took down the tom decoy. While doing this I spotted another 3 toms strutting over the hill. Got back in the blind and hit the call only to be answered by a mad hen. Her and I had a great conversation which I could tell she was getting mad. Figured awesome, she would bring those toms with her. Instead the 1st tom came back strutting and drumming 10 yards behind the blind again. Slowly the others came in and we had 4 behind the blind within 30 yards. Still no shot since they were through brush and right over a ridge. Then another tom appeared about 100 yards in front of us. He worked in perfectly putting on a great show strutting and gobbling. I was hoping to get the kill on my phones video but he started to move off to the side so me and Gage switched sides in the blind and he dropped him at 18 yards.

After he shot he informed me one of the other birds was within 5 yards of the opposite side of the blind. When we exited the blind the other 4 toms just slowly walked away.

25 lb
    1" spurs
    11 1/2" beard

Attached Files:

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

That's a great morning. Congrats to you both. :eek::

3. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    That's a great bird and exciting hunt. Sounds like you have a great place. Congrats, Gage!

4. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Excellent bird. Awesome hunt. Congrats to Gage and the guide dad. ;)

5. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

By the way. That kids grown like a weed. :D

6. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    awesome :D good looking cabin to

7. jsr

jsr Active Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Awesome job and glad ya got one on the new property!

8. timberdoodle

timberdoodle Senior Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Stanton mo
  9. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
  10. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.