Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Super Moderator
28,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received this and thought I would share with you outdoor enthusiasts!

Thank you for contacting the Missouri Department of Conservation.

Last month the Conservation Commission approved a change to the designation of the “CWD Management Zone” to include counties within 10-miles of any CWD detection (instead of 25 miles). They also approved removing Cole and Moniteau counties from the CWD Management Zone because there have been no additional positives since the single detection confirmed in March 2014. The county list and maps will be in the 2019 Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations booklet, which should be available on the Department’s website in July. There will also be a press release soon. Feeding and minerals will be allowed effective July 1 in counties that are being removed from the CWD Management Zone. Feeding and minerals will continue to be prohibited in all CWD Management Zone counties.

Following is the list of 2019 CWD Management Zone counties:
Adair, Barry, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Crawford, Franklin, Gasconade, Hickory, Howell, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Macon, Mercer, Oregon, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington

If you have additional questions, you may contact me direct at the number below.

Best Regards,

Becky Flessa
Wildlife Division Office Manager

· Registered
3,794 Posts
I just received this and thought I would share with you outdoor enthusiasts!

Thank you for contacting the Missouri Department of Conservation.

Last month the Conservation Commission approved a change to the designation of the "CWD Management Zone" to include counties within 10-miles of any CWD detection (instead of 25 miles). They also approved removing Cole and Moniteau counties from the CWD Management Zone because there have been no additional positives since the single detection confirmed in March 2014. The county list and maps will be in the 2019 Fall Deer & Turkey Hunting Regulations booklet, which should be available on the Department's website in July. There will also be a press release soon. Feeding and minerals will be allowed effective July 1 in counties that are being removed from the CWD Management Zone. Feeding and minerals will continue to be prohibited in all CWD Management Zone counties.

Following is the list of 2019 CWD Management Zone counties:
Adair, Barry, Cedar, Chariton, Christian, Crawford, Franklin, Gasconade, Hickory, Howell, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Macon, Mercer, Oregon, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington

If you have additional questions, you may contact me direct at the number below.

Best Regards,

Becky Flessa
Wildlife Division Office Manager
Very legal. Very cool.

This is what I use under my stand.

· PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
I sure would hate to be that guy in cole county ,prolly rolios buddy

· Banned
81,617 Posts
Thats a shame. I really had good luck with census trail cam pics over licks when they were allowed.
I dont miss ours really. Just set em on plots and get just as many pictures.

· Under appreciated
93,225 Posts
I dont miss ours really. Just set em on plots and get just as many pictures.
My plotting is limited but I found a few good pinch points that were well traveled. As soon as we do some cedar work, I'll have more plot area. Probably pick the hottest day this summer to fix fences and do cedar cuts. :D I'm gonna test pH in those cedar cuts and apply some lime. Not sure if I'll have that done in time to put in a clover plot this fall or not, maybe some cereal grains. Gotta see how it goes.

· Former Leader in Warning points!
10,987 Posts
Not sure if I'll have that done in time to put in a clover plot this fall or not, maybe some cereal grains. Gotta see how it goes.
If you come and help me do some of my work, It'll get done faster...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.