Funnie Story----

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by PMan, Feb 4, 2006.

1. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    True Story----

I bought this 700 way back in 1986 getting ready for a trip out west that kind of fell apart. As most of you know , hunting in SW Missouri and in the hills that I hunt in, a long range shot is not something that you get very many of in a life time. My 336CS has done me well for many-many years and will continue to do so----but----This year I took my first deer with this weapon and as luck would have it---the 336 would have worked just fine.....:eek:

Thanks Todd---Some good memories while I was cleaning this up today and placing it back in the gun case---:cheers:

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    congrats pman and nice shooting!

3. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Actually------It was not a real good placed shot---but she dropped like a sack of taters!:stickfight:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

My first kill with this 06.

4. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    PMan Seein' as how that rifle has no more use left in it I'll give ya a hundred bucks fer it.:roll2: Oh and you pay shipping.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Jack

5. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    How about a buck twenty five and YOU pay the shippin?:moon:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    I knew you'd love having to pay the shipping.:dancin:

Jack

7. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:horse:

8. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Are you guys just goofing around or is the gun really for sale? If so.....what caliber and other specs. I'm looking for a good used 700.

9. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Jack is messing with me----Thats an Elk Mountian Commerative edition--Its not for sale----:cheers:

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Ahh....shucky dern......I thought I had me a new elk gun............RATS :mad2:

11. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Thats what I bought it for---but I deer hunt way back in the woods and using it for deer is not something that I get a chance to do very often---:cheers:

12. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    I agree-----One of these years were going to get that OUT-WEST trip in for sure Bro!:cheers:

13. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County
    :cheers:

14. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I picked up a Rem 700 ADL real cheap and put a Leupold 3-9 on it for my trip out west. I've never been and I may never get to go but at least I can dream. I did take the buck in my avatar with it this last gun season. It is a 30-06 and in my opinion is a bit overkill here in Missouri.....except for north Missouri deer over 200 lbs. I'd like to upgrade to at least a BDL but it wouldn't shoot any better. As for my out west plans go.....maybe someday. Well I didn't win the Power Ball last night so I had better keep dropping those pennies in the jar on the night stand. By the year 2056 I should have enough.

15. PMan

PMan Retired

Dec 3, 2002
    Kind of the same thing I have been doing for a few years now----"SOMEDAY":cheers:

16. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    The year 2056?? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Uhh, you'll need oxygen.

Jack

17. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'll only be 108. Might set a new record for the oldest elk hunter. Question for Jack.......can a person shoot a rifle while on oxygen??? Will I blow up??

18. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Well would you care?

Jack:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

19. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Well yes ........I might want to go again the next year. Besides my 20 year old wife would be disapointed if we didn't get our picture taken with my 8 by 8 elk.

20. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    That alone would insure your end.

Jack