Fun times below Truman now.

Discussion in 'Pan Fish' started by jewilliams, May 23, 2017.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

Slips Happen!:wave:

2. jewilliams

jewilliams Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Fishing got slow for the Crappie yesterday so we headed home today and let the holiday crowd take over. Ended up eating fish a couple days and brought home 2 gallon bags full of Crappie fillets.

Will be heading back down next Tuesday for a few days of running lines and fishing on the lake with the grandson.

3. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    We had a fresh mess of white bass when I got home last night. The rest are in the freezer.

4. jewilliams

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Can't beat them fresh fish!

5. crappiehunter18

crappiehunter18 Active Member

Nov 9, 2014
    What do you mean by "Fighting of the Amish"?Only live 15 miles from there and haven't fished there in at least 10 years,and then during the winter.Never seen Amish there.Recent development? Ride their horses and buggies down there?

6. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County
    I guess you guys have never been to a trout park . 10 feet away would be great

7. bulletman

bulletman Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sedalia
    From all the reports I'm getting the fishing has slowed a little down there, but it's still very good. Caught this feller yesterday. I've caught thousands of crappie, but this is the first black nosed one I've seen personally

Attached Files:

8. cy912

cy912 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Anyone catching any wipers?

9. jewilliams

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    We caught a couple small ones but we was only throwing 1/8 oz. jigs for Crappie.

While I was up at the truck my grandson Tyler had one up to the bank before it broke his line. He said it looked like it was 12 to 15 pounds. Sometimes he over estimates the size of his fish though! :D

10. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

He must be a true fisherman then.

:eek::

11. jewilliams

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.

12. bigbass

bigbass Keep calm and Chive on!

Nov 17, 2009
    Wentzville
    Nice Magnolia!!! I'd love to catch one sometime..

13. samletun

samletun Junior Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Ozark, MO
    Smaller white bass and small hybrids hitting neon colored Zara Spooks with the occasional big hybrid. Crappie bite is decent. Catch most of mine on Slider jigs

14. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    I had fun times catching the fish down below but man they were not the best crappie I have ever had by any means lol. Did anybody else think they tasted a little wild haha. Maybe with all the current they were stressed out

15. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Get them on ice asap. Keeps them fresh!:wave:

16. jewilliams

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    It was really hard keeping them alive in that rough water. We would get them on ice as soon as we caught 3 or 4 before they died.

The ones we have ate so far taste great, including those we had tonight.:cheers:

17. jewilliams

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Just got back here for round 2 this week, but the weathers not looking good right now.

Attached Files: