Fun times below Truman now.

Discussion in 'Pan Fish' started by jewilliams, May 23, 2017.

1. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Dug out a few of my old lead spoons that work well in fast water. They sink to deeper depths because of their weight. I tip them with just the tail section of a Mr. Twister to give them some action . I try to keep them bouncing just off the bottom to draw strikes. Its been a while since I've used these. Probably just ad a few more ounces of lead to the bottom of the lake when they get hung up.

2. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    So the fishing is so easy even a Mailman can catch some?:eek:

3. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Crappie heard I was coming. Only got one.:(

But......after fighting off the Amish I managed to get my limit of 15 white bass.

Attached Files:

4. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    My one and only crappie.

Attached Files:

5. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    One lone crappie.

Attached Files:

6. jewilliams

jewilliams Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Bill I think you jinxed our Crappie fishing. We only caught 4 this evening. :mad:

7. RHenshaw

RHenshaw Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Independence, Mo.
    Be Glad I'm Not Going Cause Then The Fish Would Quit Biting LOL.

8. RHenshaw

RHenshaw Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Independence, Mo.

Mailman Your Fish Must Look Like All Them Rocks Cause I didn't See No Crappie LOL:rolleyes:.

9. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    For some reason it wouldn't down load from my phone so I had to send it to my home computer and post it that way.:rolleyes:

10. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
  11. MAJORTOM

MAJORTOM Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual

That's alright, I'm going down tomorrow afternoon. That's sure to shut the bite down!

12. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Be sure to wear your bib overalls so you'll fit in.:wave:

13. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008

Do the Amish use modern tackle or cane poles? They're belief structure puzzles me sometimes. Brand new cabbed tractor, or bobcat with steel wheels.

14. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo

Same equipment....and one was wearing a Bluetooth. And they aren't afraid to slide right up next to you if you are catching fish. No respect for the unspoken fishing etiquette of bank fishing.

I was talking with one of the locals and he said the MDC were there in force on Wednesday and handed out quite a number of tickets to the Amish fishermen. Short fish, way over their limits and no fishing permits. There were only 5 or 6 of the Amish there yesterday along with their families at the shelter house. Most of their fishermen laid claim to the prime spots or moved into those prime spots after watching other fishermen land fish. One slid in next to me not 10 feet away when I was catching my limit. He had his eye on my rock I was standing on but I had already told another fisherman he could have my spot.

And then there are those that fish off the handicap dock that aren't handicapped. But the sign does say anyone can fish there but must make room for any handicapped person that wants to fish. There were quite a few fishing off the dock and only one that I could tell that was actually handicapped (wheelchair).

Attached Files:

15. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    Prejudice is alive and well on MWT

16. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri
    The Amish are a peace loving people, you shouldn't be picking fights with them.:wave:

17. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    He doesnt pick fights but he has ended a few. He is a closer.... much like cummins, a baller, shotcaller. MM is the real deal.

18. MAJORTOM

MAJORTOM Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual

Had a fella come stand right next to me while fishing for whites on the river while down Turkey hunting. There might have been about 2 inches between us. I'll be darned if that fella didn't accidentally fall in the river!!! :whistle:

19. Reflex

Reflex Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sullivan, MO
    How many handicapped people where there? Did you ask if everyone fishing from the dock was handicapped? How do you know if they were or weren't?

20. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Only judged by their physical activities like one sitting in a wheel chair and the rest were scurrying about grabbing bouncing catfish poles or running back down the ramp to get down to the waters edge to grab the fish for the fisherman on the dock above since the fish was to big to reel up to the top. I'm sure any handicapped Fisher person was accommodated a spot along the rail if one arrived.