Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

8,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out and set up wit Avian 1/4 strut and breeder hen by about 5:15 this morning.

Was pretty foggy and nothing made a sound until about 615. A Jake was giving it what for, but not interested in love talk.

About 645 I get a more mature sounding gobbler coming in. ( thankstPoor Valley slate and osage orange striker) He's not too far off when this one opens up right in front of me just across the hill.

I've already got the gun up waiting on the other bird when he crested the hill. He proceeds to shake the ground with his gobbles and proceeds to start strutting on top of the hill.

He sees the decoys and proceeds to gobbling and strutting right up to the decoy. He jumps on it and proceeds to whipping poor Jake's plastic butt. In the meantime, I'm on him and he sticks that big noggin of his up. The Benelli spoke thunder and he didn't even twitch.
Couldn't hunt the first week, and this week hasn't been great. I'll take them any way I can get them.

Thanks to the Lord for such a great day.

24lbs 4 oz, 9 1/2" skinny beard, 1 1/4" spurs.

Guessing by snood length probably a 1.5 year old bird
Camouflage Plant Military camouflage Tree Wild turkey
Plant Leaf Terrestrial plant Organism Grass

Bird Phasianidae Plant Wild turkey Beak

· Registered
32,997 Posts
Nice!

8,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.