Frustrated

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by HomertheHunter, Nov 8, 2010.

1. HomertheHunter

HomertheHunter Active Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kearney, MO
    Son had a flag football game Sunday afternoon, after ran home grabbed the stuff and headed out. Chose a stand I could get in quick. Put out the decoy and climbed up a little after 4. Not long after I am in the stand 3 does get up approx 15yds behind where I had set up the decoy. They headed towards the food plot but werent big on the decoy and moved to the South but not out sight. Another doe came to join the 3. Thinking at this point may be a good evening. Not much longer after this I hear dogs barking and running around on a wooded ridgeline to the South where the deer usually come from, not happy. Not long after this I hear voices yelling and running around in the woods. At this point I am seriously not happy and know my hunt is ruined and it is getting prime time. So, I stand up in the stand and yell that they are on private property and to leave. Obviously they heard me because the talking stopped and I hear the barking heading east. Sorry just had to vent.

2. 160983

160983 Guest

That blows when that happens. I know it is primetime now - but have you walked that area recently? I would be curious if someone has put a stand up. Goodluck with it.:)

3. HomertheHunter

HomertheHunter Active Member

Dec 2, 2006
    Kearney, MO
    Just hunted the area Saturday, my favorite area on the farm. I don't think they were hanging a stand. Making way to much racket. I will be around that area alot in the next couple days I hope they stay sway

4. wildbill

wildbill Senior Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Warrensburg MO
    Man that's some bad news, but if it is the only time they have been in there everything should go back to normal soon enough. Since you yelled at them and they left, now they will probabaly think twice before trespassing again.

5. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    People are idiots! Why go on someone else's land without permission? Their Dads shoulda put a boot in their hinny's a long time ago and the problem wouldn't exist today. Tell you what I woulda done with those dogs-
    No hear, no see, no problem-:whistle::whistle::whistle:

6. LeeinMo

LeeinMo Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Kearney
    Sounds like some neighbor kids running around in the woods to me...Sorry for the intrusion and the ruined hunt. Next time will be the ticket. Lee