Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone happen to go frog hunting last night. I think I am going to give it a try tonight. What methods does everyone use? We are going to start around 8 tonight with .22's and then once it gets dark we are going to switch over to the gigs.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I thought about it, but that's as far as I got. Can't tonight, but Little Booche's and I may see waht we can do tomorrow night. Same as you - .22 by day, gig by night.

That's some fine eating!

·
Super Moderator
7,809 Posts
Ah shoot you don't need no guns or gigs!!! When my sis and I used to go together all we used was flashlights and our hands, maybe an occassional net. It's a heck of a lot more fun that way.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by ladeerman
We go in local crawfish ponds. HANDS ONLY! That makes it interesting, a good night is a crawfish sack full of frogs (50+ lbs)
Hope there was a bunch of you, I think the limit is only 8 frogs per day. Not that I know of too many people that actually stop at 8. I heard once that every frog you get caught with over the limit is around a $20 fine. Sure can add up quick.
I like to go out late in the evening and get my limit, then go out again after midnight and get another limit.

·
5,631 Posts
rbh, he's in Louisiana. Limits might be different down there.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by riverbottomhunter
Yep your probably right. Has anyone else heard about a fine of $20 per frog over the limit?
What are ya doin...countin your change??????hehehe

·
Super Moderator
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
skin out the hind legs, batter em and fry em......taste just like chicken.....lol
Yup, what he said. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
well i went fri night not to many out here in the bootheel got checked by the wardens at 1 am he said they had 16 agents on the ground and one in the air. They had only checked 12 parties and they were doing about as good as my son and i we had 4 frogs,saw lots of small ones but none the size we like. so we decided to hold off for a while till later in the yr

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
didn't know they looked after us froggers like that. Can't say I've ever been checked by an agent at night like that a few nosy landowners of which we where not on their property. I havn't been yet.

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
We just use a 15 foot crappie jigging pole with about 4 feet of line off the end of the pole tied to a trebble hook with a piece of red cloth on it. Dangle the cloth in front of the frog in question and he grabs it. Stuff him in your sack and call me when dinner is ready. (an email is fine)

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
gigs, or by hand. Just depends on how much time you have to go. By hand takes a lot of patience.

They taste like FISHY chicken! :banana: :D

I go a lot in the river bottoms, and ponds every once in a while. :neuspeuter:

Parker

·
Retired
9,535 Posts
Originally posted by Parker
gigs, or by hand. Just depends on how much time you have to go. By hand takes a lot of patience.

They taste like FISHY chicken! :banana: :D

I go a lot in the river bottoms, and ponds every once in a while. :neuspeuter:

Parker
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

I love em :!!"!

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well no luck last night. We only checked on 1 wetland and nothing big enough yet. We ended up driving around right at dark and saw a ton of deer in the fields. 2 nice bucks. We are hoping to head out toward the end of the week and try a couple more spots.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Originally posted by Mailman
We just use a 15 foot crappie jigging pole with about 4 feet of line off the end of the pole tied to a trebble hook with a piece of red cloth on it. Dangle the cloth in front of the frog in question and he grabs it. Stuff him in your sack and call me when dinner is ready. (an email is fine)
Thats one of the ways I do it and it's fun.

.22 !!!? I use a bb or pellet gun but have never used a gig.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.