Freedom Hunt The Southern Swing!

Discussion in 'Hunting With A Disability' started by hunter7x, Jun 3, 2009.

1. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    Some of you already know The Freedom Hunt expanded its horizons to include a Turkey hunt this spring. Thanks to the tireless efforts of MWT members nsporlander and jemorris Freedom Hunt The Southern Swing was a huge success.

We had 13 hunters lined up unfortunately one was a no show, but all the kids had a great time. They ended up killed 3 birds and all but one hunter got to see and hear turkeys.

I thought I would share some pictures. If you look close you will see MWT's very own Henry in some. Henry drove over and guided for us. His hunter Andrew has been somewhat of my prodigy since the first Freedom Hunt was held. He refuses to hunt with anyone but me.
    When I found out Henry was coming to guide I asked that he guide Andrew.
    One day Andrew and his mother stopped in my shop to say Hi. I said Andrew what would you say if I told you I wasnt going to guide you on the Turkey hunt? He looked at his mom shook his head No and said well I'll just see you at the deer hunt then.
    I then said what would you say if I told you the person that taught me how to turkey hunt is coming over from Missouri to guide you? He immediately got a huge smile on his face and said COOL!

Thanks again Ed and Nate for all the hard work. And thanks Henry for coming over.

So here are some pictures of the event hope you enjoy.

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/Freedom_Hunt/2009 Turkey Hunt/?a

2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

This hunt was a really great time. I am grateful for being able to participate and meeting all the good people I did. I was very impressed with how well organized it was,,,especially for the first ever. Everyone involved deserve a big round of applause and attaboys:2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Andrew was a joy to be around and also shoots straight.

:cheers::cheers:

3. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    great stuff right there ! thanks for all you do, Henry!:cheers:

4. Heeler75

Heeler75 Confirmed Bachelor

Feb 10, 2008
    Over Yonder Way
    That is pretty darn cool!!!! :woot::woot:

Where were you all hunting at?

Oh, and those Sicilian donkeys are always a big hit. :D

5. Ginger

Ginger Administrator Staff Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Chariton County
  6. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    By the way the Adult in the wheelchair is Landon Turner. Landon was a member of the 81 National Chanmpionship Indiana University basketball team. Landon was injured in an car accident 4 months after I.U. won the championship. The boy with him in a lot of the pictures is one of our hunters Brian. Brian is a HUGE I.U. basketball fan and as I told Landon when he arrived probably knows more about IU bball than he does! Brian was mezmorized with Landon. Brian's mom says getting to meet him and spend the afternoon with him was something Brian will never forget. Brian even has a copy of the championship game that Landon played in that he watches over and over. Landon being there was a surprise for all of the kids.

7. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    7x, once I get a little more info and solid info on Boone County Special Sportsmen, I'm coming up there and I wanna sit down and compare some notes :cheers:

Same for henry and Mrb............................well least henry :D

8. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

[rquote=1285027&tid=89881&author=Heeler75]That is pretty darn cool!!!! :woot::woot:

Where were you all hunting at?

Oh, and those Sicilian donkeys are always a big hit. :D[/rquote]

It was a southern Indiana hunt. They were able to sevure some really nice facilities. It was a great time.

:cheers::cheers:

9. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1285065&tid=89881&author=fishshooter]7x, once I get a little more info and solid info on Boone County Special Sportsmen, I'm coming up there and I wanna sit down and compare some notes :cheers:

Same for henry and Mrb............................well least henry :D[/rquote]

Sounds like a plan!

10. BigJake

BigJake New Member

Dec 27, 2005
  11. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    Looks like everyone had a good time!:claphands::claphands:

12. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Yer doing a good thing over there hunter7X.

Thanks for the pics!

13. lma

lma Active Member

:bowing: Thanx for what you do, Steve! :cheers::cheers::cheers:
    Also.....thanx to all who assist you!