Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptists in town tomorrow....

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by Hoytshooter, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    A local soldier lost his life in the line of duty recently and it appears that Fred Phelps and the Westboro Baptist Church will be here protesting tomorrow morning.

Anyone had these people show up in their community before?

The first amendment is a wonderful thing, but I'm pretty sure this isn't what it was meant to protect.

2. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    Do you know if the Patriot Guard is going to be there? If they are, the family will not even know the Phelps Klan is in the city. From what I understand, they do a fantastic job of sheilding the family.

3. hunter7x

hunter7x New Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Indiana
    [rquote=1882063&tid=131070&author=pinwheel]Do you know if the Patriot Guard is going to be there? If they are, the family will not even know the Phelps Klan is in the city. From what I understand, they do a fantastic job of sheilding the family.[/rquote]

lots of smoke and not so big a bang most places they (phelps) show up.

4. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    They were up here in Cameron not too long ago. Too many PG members here to even worry about the Phelps crew.

Parker

5. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    I'm not sure if the PG is showing or not. There is another group that I think is bringing 50 or so people and I'm sure a BUNCH of people from here will be present.

I'm personally not too worried about it. I don't agree with anything they have to say, but unfortunately it is their right and it has been upheld in every court case that has been brought. There were arguments in the US Supreme Court last month on the issue but no opinion yet. I'm really not a fan of people who love free speech.....unless they don't agree with it.

To each their own. I will be ignoring them rather than give them any satisfaction of knowing they bother me.

6. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    The Westboro gang showed up in Kirksville for the first funeral several years ago, but were a no show at the last one a few months ago even though they said they were coming. Patriot Guard showed up at both funerals in very large numbers and blocked them the first time.

7. 160983

160983 Guest

They were here in Lamar recently. PG was here and enough local support so it was a non-issue. I -think- the Patriot Guard has a website that you can check to see where they are committed to showing up - but not %100 sure about that.:)

8. Whitemarsh

Whitemarsh New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Greene Co.
    If this is SFC Sadell's funeral at Weston, PG will be there.

9. buckwacker181

buckwacker181 # of bans record holder

Oct 9, 2006
    Catawussy
    They came to my buddies funeral here in eureka back in 06. He was Kia in Iraq. Scout sniper team leader. Eureka fire department surrounded them with fire trucks and about fifty patriot guard riders rode circles around them during the entire ordeal. I would like to do very bad things to each and every member of that church.

10. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

The PGR will be there, is my bet!!! They do GOOD work!!!:cheers::wave:

11. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
  12. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    them idiots are harmless. everyone turn a cheek to them and they go away. i know, i've seen it done.

13. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    I know PG does a good job, but what ever happened to respect for the dead, let alone those who died so they could have the right they are excersising :mad2::soapbox:

14. macon county boy

macon county boy New Member

May 6, 2009
    Unanswered Not Read My Forums Active Topics
    Forums My Profile Search Members

Forums > Mission Information > PGR - Confirmed Missions
    Subject: SFC Charles M. Sadell, USA, Ft Leavenworth, KS/Weston, MO, 02, 06 NOV 10

15. bowhuntKS

bowhuntKS King of the White Ninjas

Sep 11, 2006
    KS
    I live about 6 blocks from their compound so yea you could say they're in my community:whinging: