Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I dont know anyone that has one and havent shot one, but I did look at them at Bass Pro yesterday. Look to be a well constructed bow to me.

·
5,632 Posts
I can speak for the Instinct that it is an AWESOME bow. Very well made. Handles very nicely being a short ATA bow. Fast. Quiet.

My bro has one on layaway at our local archery shop.

You'll have to refresh my memory...is the Code a cam & 1/2 system or the solo cam that's a step up from the Instinct? I can't remember.

·
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solo that's a step up from the Instinct. I think they retail for $499. It's a little longer than the Instinct, and a little faster, but not much.

·
5,632 Posts
Yeah, the Instinct retails at $399. That's the cheapest I've found it anywhere.

I'd shoot both of them and see which one you like best. I'd say you will never see the difference in the speed because more than likely you'll be shooting heavier arrows than IBO speeds would dictate anyways. And what's less than 10 fps when you're already shooting 280-290? Nothing.

Good luck with your decision. Take a close look at that Instinct. I like it a lot. It has become all the rage at our local shop.

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
I don't think there's any way that you can go wrong with either of those bows KC. Team Primos is shooting a Bear bow now, so that should contest enough to their quality.

Parker

·
Under appreciated
92,120 Posts
I had a bear TRX32 just before I upgraded and had absolutely no problems
with it. Not as new as the recent ones, but I can attest to the fact that they
are well built bows.

One thing though.. their customer service leaves a bit to be desired but mostly
I will go to a local proshop anyway for tweaks so not a big deal with me.

·
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the input fellas. I'm heading out to Cabelas to check them out. I'll probably by from a local place, but I want to go shoot one today and Cabelas is the only place open. I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just shot the Code and Instinct. The Instinct was a sweet shooter, and I couldn't see paying $100 more for the Code. Now I just need to find a local bow shop near KC that carries it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.