Franklin Island CA

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by JarJar, Feb 3, 2006.

1. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Before the mishap with the website I had posted that I will be moving to Boonville and was curious to if anyone knew anything about Franklin Island CA.

I will mainly be archery hunting around there since I go back to my parent's place in Shelby Co. during Firearm season. Does anyone know if there is much pressure during archery season? Any success stories? Other info?
    Thanks again, Jarrod

2. MUHunter

MUHunter New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    NE MO
    don't know much about the deer hunting but here the dove hunting is pretty good there......sure others will help you out!

3. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Here is a pic of Franklin Island CA. Where do you guys think that I should start looking?

[​IMG]

4. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you plan on using a treestand, you'll have to limit yourself to the area near the river. The levees around there are pretty much open area without much cover.

There is a good population of deer out there, I wasn't successful, but did quite a few deer out there.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Saint Charles, MO
    Is that Shelby County, TN, population 32 1/2?

6. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    If you are moving to Boontown, you should U2U fireman, beanpile or r2ahunter.

7. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005

NO Nicholas, that would be Shelby CO. MO!. Good hunting land all around and if I could move back thereand make the money I make now..I WOULD!

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I've driven thru there a couple of times....I have no idea of hunting pressure, but I would give it a try...it looks really good. If I remember right, most of the interior is open, but there are stand trees along the river, like mentioned above...I would suggest, to go out now, shed hunt and scout for next year!!! Good luck!!!

9. oneshot 1

oneshot 1 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ozarks
    I Bowfished there before the flood of '93.Stupid Deer would run over you.

You might want to check out Davisdale CA.

Plus I always liked Prairie HomeCA. and Lamine River CA.

Good luck have fun.Killed some of my best Deer in that area.

oneshot
    :D The Big Grin loves the River.

10. JarJar

JarJar New Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Thanks guys for the help, I think that I am going to get out there next weekend to do some scouting and shed hunting!

Thanks again! Jarrod

11. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Springfield
    I bowhunted the place back in the early '80's when I was at Mizzou. Had some good hunts but never connected. Anyone remember the old Baker climbing stands? they were dangerous on an ash tree!

I'd definately spend most of the time in the big woods along the river. It was a LONG hike from the HQ.

From the aerial photo it looks like they have let the lower interior fields grow up in brush (?)

12. PoisonSnake

PoisonSnake Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2004
    Australia
    I'm with Oneshot. I would probably focus my efforts on Davisdale.

13. Outdoorsfool

Outdoorsfool New Member

Jul 14, 2003
    Central Missouri
    Don't listen to Poison Snake. The mate is from Aussie land and don't know nuthin' about Central Mo....oh and the same goes for Oneshot. There are no deer at Prairie Home or Lamine River CAs....also no turkey or mushrooms, so don't waste your time. :cool:

14. mobiggerbucks

mobiggerbucks New Member

Jul 21, 2005
    lake of the ozarks
    Go a little bit north and check out HUNGRY MOTHER C.A.