Franklin County Landowner shot by trespasser

Discussion in 'Missouri Outdoor News' started by sandals, Dec 15, 2015.

1. sandals

sandals Quack

Nov 13, 2014
    bourbon
    No word if the guy was coonhunting. Be careful if you are near franklin county. No telling what this crazy will do next.

http://krcgtv.com/news/local/manhunt-for-matt-lackey-underway-in-franklin-county

"JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — UPDATE: The Franklin County Sheriff tells KRCG 13 that law enforcement has resumed their search for Matt Lackey for a second day.

ORIGINAL STORY: Law enforcement officials confirm there is an active search for Matt Lackey in Franklin County.

Officials say the 32-year-old Lackey allegedly broke into a home near Highway 47 and Project Lane Monday morning. Lackey allegedly stole several guns. In the search for the suspect, officers were able to find some of the guns. A handgun and Lackey are still missing, according to authorities.

The search for the convicted felon is currently in the Lonedell area.

The active manhunt for Lackey began Sunday night after neighbors reported a suspicious vehicle in the area, according to the Franklin County Sheriff's Department. The vehicle was reportedly stuck in the yard of a residence. Deputies said they recognized the female associated with the car as Lackey's girlfriend.

Monday morning in the same area, a resident living on Project Road called 9-1-1 after finding a man sleeping in a shed on their property. The man ran as soon as the resident tried confronting him. The suspect was carrying several guns as residents ran after him, according to authorities. The residents said they heard gunshots as they chased him, but they are unsure if the shots were was toward them.

Lackey is accused of kidnapping and raping a woman in Osage County in October.

Authorities said they learned Lackey allegedly held the woman captive and against her will in her own home for three days in Bland.

Lackey has been evading law enforcement ever since.

Osage County Sheriff Michael Dixon told KRCG13 Monday afternoon his office received numerous tips regarding Lackey's whereabouts in the Franklin County area. Sheriff Dixon said he passed along those tips to law enforcement in the proper jurisdiction.

Lackey is wanted in multiple counties including Phelps, Crawford, Franklin and Dent Counties. He has several active warrants out for his arrest that include charges of burglary, drugs, and weapons crimes.

Lackey has eight felony convictions. His alleged crimes include drug, weapons, and burglary has eight felony convictions

Authorities believe he is armed and dangerous.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at (636) 583-2560.

2. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Where in that article does it say he shot someone? He may have shot at them, but I didn't gather that anyone was hit.

Nice editing KRCG smfh. 20' must be writing for them with all his free time.

....The residents said they heard gunshots as they chased him, but they are unsure if the shots were was toward them

....Lackey has eight felony convictions. His alleged crimes include drug, weapons, and burglary has eight felony convictions

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    No need to worry about someone you don't know wandering around on your property... sheesh, some of the tinfoil-hat worry warts on here.... I swear.

4. sandals

sandals Quack

Nov 13, 2014
    bourbon
    I guess the article got updated, originally this was in it
    "Manhunt for Matt Lackey underway in Franklin County
    Law enforcement sources tell KRCG 13 that there is an active search for Matt Lackey in Franklin County.According to a source close to the situation, the 31-year-old Lackey allegedly shot a property owner as he was trespassing on their…
    KRCGTV.COM|BY SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP
    "

5. Meller

Meller Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Gotcha

6. trapperBR549

trapperBR549 Well-Known Member

May 17, 2007
    mo
    Need to keep them Osage County heathens on their own reservation. :rules:

7. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    ahhhh...Matt Lackey...I remember him very well, not exactly one of my best pupils.

8. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County

I think he was originally from Franklin county .

9. trapperBR549

May 17, 2007
    mo
    When he was here he was a good kid. Its when he got to OC that he turned bad.

10. Muleskinner

Muleskinner Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Osage County

Haha! We turn em all . Our meth does that .

11. jawesome357

jawesome357 The Instigator

Oct 31, 2013
    The only OC

Hey that's not true! That's a personal attack!!!:rules:

12. trapperBR549

May 17, 2007
    mo
    It can be both. :wave:

13. Brian_J_BT_MO

Brian_J_BT_MO Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Bonne Terre, MO
    Every so often I'll get on the DOC website and search for names of former students. It's always shocking. Pretty certain I've not made much of a difference................:boohoo::boohoo:

14. Steelman

Steelman Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Lackey has 8 felony convictions.........What the heck happened to the 3 strikes rule? The guy should be in for life without parole, heck he's earned it.:mad:

15. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    Foul balls

16. wiser1

wiser1 Trash Picker

Apr 15, 2013
    Jefferson county
    Better yet ,,,story starts monday then sunday ,,then back to monday ................used to shoot at a gun range near 47 and project .....i wonder if he would like something to eat ,,i have some extra soup and crackers

17. Lazarus

Lazarus Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Needmore, serious
    Prolly a good kid. :rolleyes:

Some judge and/or public defender somewhere down the line should have his nut sack slit and his leg run through it. :stickfight:

18. fstchkn

fstchkn Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Sounds like a personal hygiene problem.

19. crappiehunter18

crappiehunter18 Active Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Why is he walking around in the first place with all those convictions? ??

20. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO

Meth or new "Math"

That would be enough to turn me:wave: