Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you have one or have any info to pass on i would appreciate it..are they good guns ...any problems or good things about them..found a good deal on a few of these as well...anybody who owns or owned one can you give me the good and the bad please?...just tryin to get the facts on these ...i like them cause they are light semi autos and would make dandy rabbit guns and not heavy to lug all day...anyway thanks in advance for your opinions..these are wood stock guns as well...what would a used in pretty good shape 20 and 12 gauge be worth...thanks again tracy

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
which model? the older ones (48 AL) where not known to be as recoil friendly. i have a 712 and it is a pure joy to shoot. the newer model (I 12)is the same as the stoeger 2000 but the stoeger can be had for about 400.00 less. i like my 712!

go to www.shotgunworld.com and poke around

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
There are two versions, the recoil operated and the inertia operated, which are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any idea what a used one of these should bring? they are 712 models

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
are you getting a good deal on it??????? I have an I-12 and its is a piece of garbage. Its already been to the doctor once and is going back in a couple weeks. I guess if they dont get it right this time i will get a new gun. I am not a fan. I love the idea and concept of the gun(looks feel handling easy disasembling) but when it comes to performnce i give it a C-

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
does it have the extra fancy wood like this one?
[file]94116[/file]

[file]94118[/file]

mid american arms had a brand new 720 (i think youth model at that) with the regular walnut for 630.00 or so this past winter.

depending on condition i would think from 500.00 to 700.00 and any extra chokes and what not

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I see that the 712 has the rotary bolt system like the I-12's

well good luck
that is the problem with my gun is. the bolt head doesnt fully seat itself in the chamber which leads to soft striking the primers. its really aggrevating.

now i discovered that my camo is bubbling on the barrel.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
the 712 is inertia driven and the I-12 is gas driven, the 712 and 612 models (same except for action profile is slimmer on the 7xx series) are known to be very reliable and easy to clean. also on your I-12 do you have it adjusted for th eproper load you are shooting out of it?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sooo with what i am reading im gettin a great deal...thanks guys for your help

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[rquote=1580466&tid=109720&author=JimH]the 712 is inertia driven and the I-12 is gas driven, the 712 and 612 models (same except for action profile is slimmer on the 7xx series) are known to be very reliable and easy to clean. also on your I-12 do you have it adjusted for th eproper load you are shooting out of it?[/rquote]

wrong the I-12 is inertia driven i cannot speak for the 612 712 912 720 because i do not know how they operate other than the 712 has the rotating bolt head. which sux!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
[rquote=1580466&tid=109720&author=JimH]the 712 is inertia driven and the I-12 is gas driven, the 712 and 612 models (same except for action profile is slimmer on the 7xx series) are known to be very reliable and easy to clean. also on your I-12 do you have it adjusted for th eproper load you are shooting out of it?[/rquote]

plus the I-12 you dont need to adjust for the proper load. where exaactly do you get your info?

The gun has no problem cycling light loads or heavy loads the problem lies when the bolt head doesnt fully close.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
here's what i had found last summer when i picked mine up in a trade :confused:

MODEL 712
- 12 ga. only, 3 in. chamber, Benelli inertia recoil system with rotating bolt head, aluminum receiver, 24, 26, or 28 in. VR barrel, 5 shot mag., choice of synthetic, Weathercoat walnut, or 100% Advantage Timber HD or Max-4 HD camo coverage, recoil pad, approx. 7 lbs. Limited importation 2004 only.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$650 $575 $500 $450 $375 $325 $275
Last MSR was $750.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Franchi's 612 and 620 semi-autos use a user-adjustable gas system, so the same gun handles hot loads as well as lighter ones. Aluminum receivers mean light weight. Magazine cutoff. Crossbolt safety located in front of the trigger. Their 712 & 720 are similar, but have non-adjustable gas systems

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
so maybe when i pulled this info they had a type-o ? i knew they were differant from the I-12 so now i'll need to verify exactly their type of system.

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
[rquote=1580592&tid=109720&author=showmethejewels]Franchi's 612 and 620 semi-autos use a user-adjustable gas system, so the same gun handles hot loads as well as lighter ones. Aluminum receivers mean light weight. Magazine cutoff. Crossbolt safety located in front of the trigger. Their 712 & 720 are similar, but have non-adjustable gas systems[/rquote]

when i get home tonight i will have to take a picture of my adjustable system. there is a light load designation and a heavy load if you turn it over.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.