Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I left the house for work this morning I spotted this spider eating his breadfast. Boy was he fat. I just had to take his picture. As long as he stays where he is and not in my house we will both be happy.

Attachments

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
:eek:i don't like spiders,you think he is getting ready to pop with hundreds of little spiders that are going to come into your house.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
Looks like she's eatin' another spider. Her mate.

jack

·
Registered
5,531 Posts
Originally posted by JackJr
Looks like she's eatin' another spider. Her mate.

jack
looked like a beheaded junebug to me. and if that's what that rascal likes to eat then you can send it over to my place as i hates junebugs. :rotfl:

·
Registered
70,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep....it was a june bug. All that is left now is just his shell. Spidie wasn't there this morning and neither was his web. Maybe Mr. Sparrow paid him a visit.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I used to have the purtiest spiders make webs around the house. But in the last few years have not seen them. I think the lizards may be getting them. I have a bunch of lizards this year. It's a funny sight to see my dog chase them. They love to run past him then cut in between his legs. It's a hoot!
Great pic!!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Spiders use to not bother me but I came home from fishing saturday night around 10 and my fience informed me she got bit by a brown recluse (sp?) in our house the day before and had done killed 2 of them.
Needless to say I was up untill 12:30 that night spraying for bugs. I used some pretty heavy duty stuff and haven't had a bug in the house since.
She is a RN and everyone she talked with at the hospital on monday said the bite actually don't look too bad even though its the size of a baseball.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I am pretty suprised I have never seen any Brown Recluses around my house. Have seen just about everything else, snakes, lizards, praying mantes, mice, and even had a rat hideing under the dog house a couple weeks ago. Used to have spiders everywhere, but not many any more. Those Brown Recluses are bad news. They can really mess you up. Dated a girl who got bit by one. Her ankle swelled up to be the same size as her thighs. Bad deal!!!!

·
Registered
9,684 Posts
Hers never got that swollen. Thank goodness. Just turned red. I heard that if its bad enough the bite area will turn black and eat away at the skin, but have never seen a picture of it till now. They said for that to happen the spider has to be very mature and inject alot of vinem.

·
Under appreciated
91,815 Posts
Some advice here on brown recluse spiders..

If you find and kill one... DONT tell your wife!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.