Found out about Missouri Proposition B today and their attempt to ban hunting.

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by conradtactical, Oct 28, 2010.

1. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    So my doorbell rings today and its a solicitor for Missouri Proposition B.

I ask her the run down about the bill and she looks up and says "Are you a hunter?" (She must have noticed my camo hat) I respond, yes and why do you ask? She says, well, "Not only does prop b. give more rights to dogs, it affects deer, horses, chickens, cattle etc...."

So, I ask her "Whats that got to do with deer." She responds "Hunting is an inhumane hobby." I swung the door closed and called the sheriff, we have a no soliciting policy at the subdivision.

So I decided to look at the bill and see if it really affects hunting, and it does!

Here are some excerpts from the websites I found, VOTE NO ON PROP B! The last line is actually a link to the vote for truth website.

"Their idea of utopia is a United States with NO animal ownership; NO meat to eat; NO pets; NO hunting; NO fishing; NO service animals."

Don’t be fooled by the slick television ads or the Hollywood celebrities. The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is not your local pet shelter but an east coast fund raising organization. Very little (less that one-half of 1 percent) of the money it raises is used to rescue dogs and cats but rather to finance an extremist agenda that is targeting pet breeders, livestock producers and hunters.

[. . .] If Proposition B passes, it will only be a matter of time before HSUS is back in the state with both farmers and hunters in its sights. Enough is enough; we do not need new rules and regulations. Vote no on Proposition B.

Click here for the truth about proposition B, its against hunters and farmers too!

2. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    My FIL read it as well. That's why he called me. It's the Anti's at their finest! As far as I'm concerned they can go eat a pile of rotten tomatoes. Little eyes around here-- so I play nice:D
    On the other hand I'm mad as all get out! Nobody is taking away my deer, turkey, beef and other critters. I'll eat it raw in their face just to make them mad!!

3. Steven

Steven Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Fenton/Owensville
    I heard that a few states are trying to get hunting turned into a constitutional right. I hope MO does the same.

4. Big Swede

Big Swede Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I can't stand any of these "anti" groups but honestly anytime ANYONE tries to sell me something and fear tactics are their number one strategy I tend to go the other way.

I don't care if the "selling" is for a politician, a bill, a law, a religion, or a set of pots and pans I am totally turned off by the fear tactic. It usually means that the position from which they are selling is weak and that's all they have to stand on.

To me making decisions in life always makes more sense when they are based on facts and not fear.

5. letemgrow

letemgrow Active Member

[rquote=1868405&tid=130058&author=Steven]I heard that a few states are trying to get hunting turned into a constitutional right. I hope MO does the same.[/rquote]

Boy I sure hope so!! :cheers:

6. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    well get the word out because the way it will be written on the ballet i will be suprised if it doesn't pass

7. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    All of these so called Rights does Not come from Govt!!!!!!!
    My Rights Come From God and I Will Not Allow Anyone To Strip Me of God Given Rights. The Govt and the People can do as they Wish, but they can kiss my foot when it comes to this issue! Govt does not sell, give, trade or otherwise hand out Rights and Brothers I'm here to tell you I will Not tolerate it come heck or high water! My vote is set in stone and the Anti's can go cry or anything thing else them cry babies wanna do! I WILL VOTE NO!!!

Rant over!:soapbox:

8. Longbow26

Longbow26 New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Farmington, MO
    That is the one i was asking about the other day. That my iwfe was told about at work.

Our govener did sing into Missouries constatution the right to hunt resently i balive.

9. Steven

Steven Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Fenton/Owensville
    Who's up for a HSUS season for 2011?

10. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Put me in That Hat Steven!! PETA as well brother!!

11. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

[rquote=1868363&tid=130058&author=Cherokee]

Little eyes around here-- so I play nice:D

On the other hand I'm mad...[/rquote]

That's why you're not supposed to go around the word filter like that. It's still obvious what is meant.

12. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    GoGop, I go fix out of respect to little eyes and their parents. Thanks for setting me straight.:wave:

13. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

:wave: I didn't mean to kick off a drama though.

14. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    No drama from me, you showed me where I made a mistake and I tried to fix it. Not our problem I don't think. I edited it asap.

Good night guys and gals I have a severe case of Midevil disease- dragon hiney!:D see ya in the A.M. It's 21:30, I'm tired!!

15. Joeyman

Joeyman New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo