Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a pretty decent one today. I've shed hunted pretty hard the past couple of years and always seem to come up empty or find one thats all chewed up. Walked for about 4 hours today and spotted this guy on the way back to my truck. I no it's not a monster by any means, but it would be a solid shooter 8 pointer If he walked by me. Couldn't find the other side, going back out tomorrow to try and find it. Don't bucks more times than not loose both sides pretty close together? Didn't get an ATL picture because I was so idea I ran to it and swooped it up.

[file]92524[/file]
[file]92526[/file]

·
19,117 Posts
whats ATL????

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
SWEET DUDE!!!!!!!:eek::

·
19,117 Posts
or At The Location????

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
:woot::woot:

ALRIGHT MAN!!!:eek::

I've found matched sets laying on top of each other...Other times they've been a week and a 1/4 mile apart.

My farthest set was 1 mile apart.And they obviously were matches.

Seems for the most part though, if you find them, they are a couple hundred yards apart.
Heck, he could still be packin it to.

I found two sets today and the matches were within a foot or three apart(from their matches).

Best advice would be don't give up.Start workin circles about every 40 yards.(Closer if thicker, farther if more open)Don't just walk trails and call it good.
When you think you've covered it all do it again from a different angle.Might find some others as well.

CONGRATS AND GOODLUCK!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Congrats! I will tell you that I have pics from last year of a buck that shed 1 side the 1st week of January last year and he packed around the other side for nearly 6 weeks. So don't get frustrated. Just keep looking in the general area but don't spend too much time and push him out. But like others I have found sheds laying inches apart, which is the way i think all of them should be. :cheers:

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1569293&tid=109106&author=SHEDHEAD]:woot::woot:

ALRIGHT MAN!!!:eek::

I've found matched sets laying on top of each other...Other times they've been a week and a 1/4 mile apart.

My farthest set was 1 mile apart.And they obviously were matches.

Seems for the most part though, if you find them, they are a couple hundred yards apart.
Heck, he could still be packin it to.

I found two sets today and the matches were within a foot or three apart(from their matches).

Best advice would be don't give up.Start workin circles about every 40 yards.(Closer if thicker, farther if more open)Don't just walk trails and call it good.
When you think you've covered it all do it again from a different angle.Might find some others as well.

CONGRATS AND GOODLUCK!!!:cheers:[/rquote]

I'm gonna keep after it hard, but my property is so hilly that it's almost impossible to figure out where this buck came from. If the other side isn't in the field, I probably won't find it:whinging:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.