Featured Found my biggests sheds

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by mattd78, Mar 13, 2018 at 9:36 PM.

1. mattd78

mattd78 Active Member

Jul 12, 2013
    First find on the farm. Was blowing out fire lines and took a short cut back to the gas tank thru an area where I thought bucks bed. Found the matched set of my big 12pt, and another nice half. Had pics of him all summer, fall and winter. Fighting thru mid Jan.

I get 95% pics at night, which I know means I need habitat improvement. But these were 200y from the couple of cams I get him on. Nocturnal maybe. Saw his one brow disappear mid Nov. I think he’s young in 2017.

huntintail, Yahoo, Maddog3355 and 3 others like this.
  2. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Awesome man! Can't believe them skwerrils already chewed on em

3. callaojoe

callaojoe Máistir an pointe hocht.

Jan 21, 2004
    N/C Missouri

4. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Good find. That gives ya something to look forward to.
  5. deep woods goat hunter

deep woods goat hunter I'm not crazy, I just want it more than you.

6. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Dang, them squirrels are hard them!!!!!

Mainframe 12, WOW!!!! How old you think he will be this year? My wild guess would be 5.5, and while he is nice, hopefully he takes a big jump for you! Good luck, nice to know there is a mature one to target!!
  7. mattd78

mattd78 Active Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I was thinking possibly 3.5 this past fall or 4.5. I’ve got a bunch of pics of him and another 11pt that I think was a bit bigger. Def bigger body wise. Maybe that’s why I was thinking 3.5. No sign of the 11pt since mid Oct.
    20' likes this.
  8. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    He is a stud and if he was 3.5 this past fall, he will make a big jump this year.
  9. aquafowler

aquafowler Active Member

Oct 13, 2013