Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went looking for mushrooms last night and found a monster shed. I hope the picture does it justice. The G-2 was almost 14 inches long and wide. The G-2 is 10 inches, and the base measured almost 6 inches. I found the 6 point shed next to the big one about two years ago, and about 100 yards away. The big shed looks to have been from last year. It is in perfect shape, minus being weathered.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
47,454 Posts
Maybe that's what I need to do. Start carrying some Bud Light with me when looking for sheds.

Nice find there rthunter!:wave:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Rthunter
I thought the can would add some perspective to size. Wish I knew how to score the shed.
You score a shed just like you would score one side of a rack...Draw your baselines along the top of the main beam, as if the G point wasn't there, and measure up the centerline of each point with a bowcable, piece of string, etc....Then for circumferances, the first circ., or H-1, is between the burr and G-1, taken with a 1/4" metal tape, at the SMALLEST place you can find. The H-2 is between the G-1 and G-2, and H-3 is between G-2 and G-3...The fourth circ., H-4, on a 4 pt side, is taken halfway between the G-3 and the tip of the main beam...Mo. Show Me Big Bucks Club has a shed catagory in the state record book...60" typical, and 70 Nontypical...www.boone-crockett.org has some good help on there, plus a downloadable score sheet!!!!hope this helps, hope I didn't confuse ya too bad!!!!

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by Rthunter
Thanks Fireman:cheers: By the way, for all you North Missouri hunters, both of these sheds were found south of the Missouri river. In an antler restriction county to boot.
No problem RT...dandy sheds fo sho!!! No matter where they come from!!!

·
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fireman, I will try to score it and let you know. Good luck with the Iowa toms. Called in a nice tom for my budies son this morning- 20 yards and he missed. One of the most enjoyable hunts I have been on however.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Great finds mailman!
Looks like you had a real good day scouting!
:cheers::cheers:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.