Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the boy decided to take the horses out yesterday around 3:00pm and as we were riding through some tall grass, I noticed something about 10feet in front of my horse. It was a turkey decoy. My first reaction was oh crap, its a hen sitting and she is about to take flight but quickly could tell it was a decoy which then made me even more concerned that someone was hunting after hours and we just rode into their setup. I hollered asking if there was anyone around and got no replies. Then I realized that the grass was an inch or two taller than the decoy so I suspect the deke had been there since the first week of the season. We moved on and finished our ride. We went back out again today along with my wife and my mom for a mother's day ride and the decoy was still there so I guess someone got excited and forgot it or couldnt find it. I guess I'll go back and pick it up sometime later this week.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
That's nice not picking it up right away. It COULD be that someone was coming back after it, but I highly doubt it.
You might save yourself a few bucks if in fact nobody shows to get it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I think it is mine, was it just laying there with a dazed look in it's eyes? Also, did it look as though it was made out of some sort of plastic/rubber material? Yup, that's it...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Bowpredator! Do NOT under any circumstances pick up the decoy! There are those on this forum that will consider you a thief. NO, wait a minute. Maybe those people have all left and started their own forum, get the dacoy!

;) ;) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.