Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Check out Stratton seed forage beans. They are round up tolerant. I planted them for the second year this year. They did good for me last year. Withstood pretty heavy browse in my 1/4 backyard plot and better than traditional ag beans side by side in the same plot.

I did see them on a farm side by side with eagle beans. The eagle probably grew a little taller in the end. Stratton still did just fine but also ended up with a few more pods in my opinion.

Stratton beans are about 1/2 the price of eagle. For comparable performance, it’s not even a question for me. Your results may vary.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Done Laredo 2 years ago. Killed my biggest bow buck the first night of archery season in the beans. Last year got some seed from NWTF and had poor germination and the ones that came up didn’t do good.

If I were to do it again I would go with Eagle unless I wanted to go cheap then I go with the Laredo.

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,819 Posts

· 2 Corinthians 5:10
1,819 Posts
Planted two different kinds of forage beans in past years, deer ate the leaves but didnt touch the pods or any part of the plant after they turned yellow. Any other ag bean deer eat them through the year.
Thanks for clarifying

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.