Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The MEMBERS of MWT held a silent auction during the get to gather this weekend to assist with the funding of our disabled hunters activities. You ALL need to be aware of what you did to assist YOUR web site with meeting our goals and objectives.

I'm going to attempt to name each and every person that I know of that helped with your efforts.

First---DSG: Each and every one of you that attended this gathering more then likely consumed some food and were treated to Frimps, Fish, Tatars, and fried onions. I know at one time I snatched a hot hunk of fresh fish and noticed that Kurt had 3 cookers going full blast---and was having a great time making smiles and creating some great memories for everyone. You did a great job with the auction---Thanks Kurt!

Bothecooker: Dynamite Job as always Bo----What would we do without you spending the entire day tending a whole hog for our enjoyment.---Thanks Bo!

Deer-Hunter & Deer-Slayer: Both your family's were all over everywhere doing anything and everything from Firewood to hushpuppies.---Thanks to each of you. Them hushpuppies ARE awesome!--Thank You All!

JarJar: Taking the task of organizing and tracking the 2006-2007 deer contest--You will do a great job--Thank You!

RebelCJ7 & Amanda: Your gun refinishing is top notch in everyone’s book. Thanks for donating a custom job for the silent auction--Thank You!

Poor Valley: You have always supported us in lots of way---from donation Calls to mentoring some of our members with your knowledge---We sure missed the Mrs. this year--Thank You!

Pipe: You spent most of the day hauling folks around and taking care that no one received any injuries----and I think you had a little fun while you were at it as well. Your donation for the Cardinal tickets will sure make JarJar happy--Thank You!

Center Punch: The flag board was much more awesome in person then the photos made it out to be. Great to see you again and I’m looking forward to whacking some duck's here in the near future--Thank You

Crappie: The tenderloins were awesome---Thank You!

Mailman: That turtle shell call was simply awesome. CP was grinning from ear to ear when he got the bid on that. Thank You!

Venatic & Son: I know that you placed a BIG smile on a young mans face with your donation of the Bow and accessories--I sure wanted one of them shirts, but I didn't make the bid in time--Thank You!

Hayzer: The Prints, Lamp and your time helping out with the cooking---I saw four BIG smiles with folks holding prints in their hands--Thank You!

SEMOdeerhunter: I saw a gleam in Possumjoe's eyes when he won the bid on the calls--Thank You!

GoGop: The Whitetails books and the Call both went to good homes--GREAT to see you again and please let Ellie know we missed her this year--Thank You

nssporleder: With the turkey season approaching that Tureky tot you donated ended up with Pip--Thank You!

MoBowman: Organizing the Shoot and taking care of making sure everyone was safe. Just so YOU ALL Know---Mike now has bragging right as the top shooter from the competition--Thank You!

Whitemarsh: I bid twice on the print that was donated by the MDC Agents Association---I missed out. I did see Rebel attempting to amputate his finger with the decoy retriever, but that was good for a wonderful laugh by several---Thank You!

Chairman: Always a pleasure to see you and Kim---I wanted that knife so bad---I just missed the boat big time!--Thank You!

MrB: I saw Hayzer grinning pretty good when he picked up the custom knife you donated--Thank You!

CFrazee_Mo: The pies were just above awesome. Mailman was grinning pretty well when he placed claim to one that he got the bid on. Great to finally meet you and stare into them gorgeous eyes in person--Thank You!

Blevely, Majo-Tom, Bodoodle,Nicholas,Ghost Hunter, Billy Bob, Gamegetter,MrsHayzer, And anyone that I missed--Thank You for making the get to gather. I know that I have missed someone besides Henry and Hunter7X and MrB's Family----So please forgive me if I did.

Rat----You really need to know that I had NOTHING to do with you waking in the woods this morning but it was pretty funny!

Todd--Steve--Dave--Mike--Crystal--Rick=====What a great bunch of folks you are!:cheers:

NOW---to be a little more serious for a moment. I think lots of you wonderful people left this morning with some knowledge that you didn't have when you arrived at the gathering--I hope you did. I hope and pray that you all better understand the Goals and Objectives of Missouri Whitetails a little better. I shared some great laughs and shed a few tears with several of you last night while conversing.
I sincerely thank all that made the get to gather and enjoyed themselves. WE ALL shared one think in common above all else--Our love for the outdoors and Hunting as well as being able to create memories for some very special folks.
Please remember one thing above all else----Lots of folks are not UNABLED--they are disabled. Because of all of you great folks efforts this past weekend--you WILL create a Memory worth repeating for a few folks that just need a little help with things.

Thank you each and everyone.
Ernie--PMan

Just a side note----You folks raised $1002.00
:cheers:

G

·
Well done Ernie...... and yes, the members should all be proud of their efforts in this fantastic display of support for the disabled hunters in Missouri. I've said it before but I feel it worth repeating ...... The members of this site are the absolute best anywhere........:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
I can't do much but echo you guys sentiments. We have a great bunch of people,,,,,,,,,,I wish everyone could have made it.

Thanks to all who attended. You each helped to make this a really memorable and enjoyable weekend.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Originally posted by mrb
Well done Ernie...... and yes, the members should all be proud of their efforts in this fantastic display of support for the disabled hunters in Missouri. I've said it before but I feel it worth repeating ...... The members of this site are the absolute best anywhere........:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Couldn't have said it better myself.:cheers: The selflessness this group of folks show to others is just outstanding.:wave:

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Knew I would leave someone out----DANG:stickfight:

nssporleder--Thank You for the donation----I added it to the original post up top.:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Thanks for putting this post together Plasticman! It is much appreicated, and not an easy task.

Not to take away from this post but my "thank you" post is still floating around up there in my cranium. Right now, I still don't have the words. Maybe later today.

:cheers:

·
Under appreciated
91,815 Posts
It was a blast.. :eek:

Thanks from me to all who organized and helped.. I just showed up and took advantage!! lol

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dang it--I knew I would forget some more......

I have up-dated the original thread also-
Thanks folks----This condition comes with old age so you will all face it one day I hope.

Pinwheel-ceiling tile mirror
fireman_3311-Whitetail record book
Jmac-grill/barbeque kit
rat/r2ahunter/pipe-Mystery gift ($100 bas pro card)

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me also not forget to add these folks as well-----

DSG--crappie--cfrazee_mo

All of them brought the wonderful fish that we all so much enjoyed-----I CANT forget that one....:cheers:

·
5,632 Posts
Yes, some of us DO have a greater understanding of our goals and objectives. For that I thank YOU. I'll never forget it. It was a great weekend.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Yes, some of us DO have a greater understanding of our goals and objectives. For that I thank YOU. I'll never forget it. Never.
JM----It was truely a pleasure my friend------I feel that some of that was our fault but I hope you understand why we have to do some of the things we do-----I really feel that several went away from there this week-end with a very happy understanding of where we are going and what we want to accomplish with this site---

Again--ALL you folks ROCK!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Awesome guys and gals! :cheers:

I want to sincerely apologize for not getting my donation there for the auction. :frown: I had been working on a pencil drawing with full intentions of either bringing it up or sending it with Jmac. I actually stayed up until about 2:30 Friday morning trying to finish it in time. After I finished it, I realized that the quality wasn't at all what I wanted. :cool3: Not a good time for a screw up I guess, but I just didn't want you guys to have to buy funny lookin' art. My promise still stands though. I will complete a drawing and donate it.

·
Retired
9,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by droptine
Awesome guys and gals! :cheers:

I want to sincerely apologize for not getting my donation there for the auction. :frown: I had been working on a pencil drawing with full intentions of either bringing it up or sending it with Jmac. I actually stayed up until about 2:30 Friday morning trying to finish it in time. After I finished it, I realized that the quality wasn't at all what I wanted. :cool3: Not a good time for a screw up I guess, but I just didn't want you guys to have to buy funny lookin' art. My promise still stands though. I will complete a drawing and donate it.
Awesome droptine------Wish you could have made it---great time I feel!:cheers:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Outstanding!!!!
I hope that I can be a bigger part of it next year. Indeed, thank you to all who contributed. It was definitely worth the trip.

--AIM small--
:wink4:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by jmmcguire
Yes, some of us DO have a greater understanding of our goals and objectives. For that I thank YOU. I'll never forget it. It was a great weekend.
Although, I was well, not sober during your special talks :D I did as well come away with a greater understanding and appreciation of everything done.. Rock on :cheers:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.