Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replies appreciated guys. I seeded a variety of clovers on cost share program a couple years ago, and really like how they turned out. Getting ready to add a couple more acres and thought I’d give the chicory a try.

· Registered
20,349 Posts
What's nice about a chicory: you can get away with lower PH and it does well during drought years. As wet as it's been you may be hitting the right time to get your mix/blend established. Chicory runs a tap root to get down to soil moisture and will also mine nutrients.

· Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's nice about a chicory: you can get away with lower PH and it does well during drought years. As wet as it's been you may be hitting the right time to get your mix/blend established. Chicory runs a tap root to get down to soil moisture and will also mine nutrients.
This year has been good moisture wise, and the rocks here in Reynolds county are definately glad. Hopefully the timely rain continues here, to let this one get established as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.