For our kids sake

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by leasburg, Oct 28, 2010.

1. leasburg

leasburg Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    With some recent talk about things that could effect our kids and their futures lets all do our best on one thing. Put the fork down. The happy meals, over eating of this country id bad and i beleive it is a disease just like alcholisim. It is legal and everywhere but it is up to us and our kis futures to cook for them and have them eat healthy. Public service announcement from leasburg. this is for the kids

2. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO

3. Squid Hunter

Squid Hunter New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Winfield, MO
    never forget, venison is very lean. Teach your kids to kill a deer for the delicious, lean, and healthy meat.:D:claphands:

4. ryanlowe02

ryanlowe02 Sexual Intellectual

Aug 11, 2007
    Raymore, MO
    hey i found a ooompa loompa costume for you for halloween

5. That's a very good, point even though I imagine you were being fecesious. We have been really focusing on that. Healthier meals, wheat bread instead of white, baked or grilled and not fried, especially with any snacks, baked chips, lowfat granola bars instead of chocolate.

6. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Play nice is our number one rule. Most of the time we do that. I am not sure about the intentions of this offering. :thinking:

7. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    [rquote=1868840&tid=130098&author=ryanlowe02]hey i found a ooompa loompa costume for you for halloween [/rquote]

sweet i will wear it!!!!!!!!!!but in all seriousness lets keep the talk to hunting fishing and children

8. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    [rquote=1868845&tid=130098&author=leasburg][rquote=1868840&tid=130098&author=ryanlowe02]hey i found a ooompa loompa costume for you for halloween [/rquote]

sweet i will wear it!!!!!!!!!!but in all seriousness lets keep the talk to hunting fishing and children[/rquote]

ILL GO FOR THAT ONE :2thumbsup:

9. leasburg

Jul 27, 2007
    South County MO
    its pretty bad when we order a double qp at mcdonalds and throw it in their face when we supersize. salads and smaller portions is what we need to focus on.

10. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    that is why my standard meal consist of 2 double cheeseburgers, small fry and a beer. if i want to mix it up i might go healthy and run with the 2 mcchickens and a small fry and a beer but smothering the mcchickens in spicy buffalo sauce might take out the healthy part of it.

11. DADAKOTA

DADAKOTA Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2006
    MOst kids don't get out and play like we did when I was young. Now they sit and play videos while stuffing thee faces with junk food. Heck we used to miss dinner just to win a football game. Sheesh.

12. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    wags, that was before people who knew better starting changing the way we live:D

13. Did they even have footballs when you were a kid or did they use rocks :D

14. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
    GHS - We did it all. Football, baseball, basketball, roller hockey, ice hockey, soccer, etc. When we weren't playing sports in the hood we were having snowball fights, persimmon wars, going on all day bike rides, building tree forts, you name it. Sitting in front of the TV was boring. We were active. Loved to have been able to shed a little snowball light on your cranium back in the day. We also spent a ton of time fishing and froggin the subdivision ponds. Even snared a rabbit or two. We didn't have a single overweight kid in our crew. we were too active.:cheers:

15. did and do all that except the persimmon wars. was some good times now we just play sports intead of the forts i wish i had a odometer on my bike

16. DADAKOTA

Apr 18, 2006
    Those green persimmons will leave a welt. Course you can also knock a feller off a ladder whilst he painted his birdhouse too.:D:D

17. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1869080&tid=130098&author=DADAKOTA]Those green persimmons will leave a welt. Course you can also knock a feller off a ladder whilst he painted his birdhouse too.:D:D[/rquote]

We didn't have many persimmons, but we had green tomoatos. Otherwise, you're adventures pretty well described us growin up as well. We didn't think twice about getting on our bikes & riding to a pond 3-5 miles away, just to go fishin.

18. lma

lma Active Member

We had the green walnuts.....they hurt, but worst of all those stains don't come out of clothes. Boy did we get into trouble :D

19. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I remember climbing an old oak tree and get up about 20 feet. Then I threw acorns at my 2 sisters. We lived way out in the country, our closest neighbor was 2 miles away. Their kids used to ride their bikes over so we could play games and build forts over summer vacation. Their parents didn't have a blade of grass out of place and we had as many junk cars sitting around as they had blades of grass. Hunted with a 22 and an old Belgium Browning 12 gauge. Skipped lunch just to go fishing, I miss those days. Although I don't miss putting up hay! We did custom hay on shares or for .25 cents a bale. We put up a thousand bales on a lot of days. Talking about busy, that was busy. I look back on all the old ways I learned and I'm putting them to use today. My son is being raised the old way. He reminds me of Opie Taylor.