Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent figured out how to put multiple pics in the message so here is a message with responses with pics from my foodplots taken yesterday

The first one is my forage sorghum plot in my crp field of blue stem and other warm season grasses

[file]7205[/file]

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a closeup of the some of the heads starting to fill out.
Its a jungle in there!!

[file]7206[/file]

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the same plot and you can see some bluestem around it. I have a rifle stand about 30 foot in the air in between 2 cottonwoods looking over this 15 acre field

[file]7207[/file]

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture of my top RR soybean field that was sunflowers last year...too dry and the plotsaver didnt help
deer are hammering it. Ive sprayed the darn ****leburs 2X and seem to be getting a handle on them

[file]7208[/file]

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is pic from the edge a field that was shaded from the baking sun..synergy jumbo clover and a little forage chicory.
The clover plots out in the open are pretty much stunted and waiting with there little mouths open for a drink.

[file]7209[/file]

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,539 Posts
Terry,
I love the warm season grasses. That's one of my next big projects. Next spring I hope to be able to convert my starndard crp to warm season. That's why I'm trying to get a handle on the serecia now so we can burn in the spring & plant warm season. NRCS is supposed to be writing the plan. That plus cp33 quail habitat around all my fields.

The sorghum looks like it's coming in good. I think yours is a little ahead of mine.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a diamond in the rough. Our main creek is not running anymore but this water hole I had dug 3 years ago is in the shade. Its on the edge between the woods and one of my food plots. It still has water and the deer have been using it big time.
I have 2 archery stands covering the field and waterhole

[file]7210[/file]

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,539 Posts
I havent figured out how to put multiple pics in the message so here is a message with responses with pics from my foodplots taken yesterday
To do that, you have to post your pics to an outside source, then put them in the message box using the img icon (the one with the mountain beside the # symbol). I post to my own website, but you could use something like photobucket. It's easier to post one pic at a time. I'm just planning to make a page of each years accomplishments at the farm on my website. In my spare time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Tob - How big is your small pond? depth & width? My next project next spring is to build a small pond. Good to know, because it's holding water during the summer....which is good. I have good run off to feed the pond I want to build, but I want to make it big enough to make it through the summer, but not to big to take up acreage that I'm limited on.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Smokin, its 30X40 FT and about 3ft deep with a fescue runoff, drains about 10 acres of woods so it overflows with a downpour.

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
looks like you had a good start if would have gotten timely rains would have had really good plots, the grain sorghm
looks like it will still make some grain.
the clover looks good and will come on when it cools
and we get fall rain. got rain in the forecast nect couple of
days may be youll get some.

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its raining northwest, northeast, up by pinwheel and just south of the river...we've been neglected again in Ray County

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.