Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We've got lots of seed. At this time, we've got 4000# of fall blend plot seed to sell with all proceeds going to MDS. MDS board members are going to rebag from these super seed sack into 50# bags & 25# bags. As of now, we're planning to bag the ceral rye/crimson clover & radish mix into 50# bags. The same with the winter oats/& radish mix. We'll probably combine some bags with 25# of each of those 2 blends into 50# bags as well. Turnip/radish blend will be broke down into 25# bags.

We're going to sell this seed for donation, with a minimum donation per bag of $15.

I've attatched the certification labels for each seed blend. It's all 2 year old seed, but all germination tests at 90%. In most area's of the state, there's still time to plant the cereal grains into standing beans as the leaves yellow this fall. I'm going to use some of the rye/crimson clover today for just that. But for those of you who can't get any of it in the ground yet this fall, if kept cool & dry, it will still be good next fall, without a lot of germination loss.

Contact any MDS board member with an order. Myself, jakewill83, killmode or deeraholic. We'll help coordinate pony express.
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Cloud
Font Line Material property Receipt Liquid
Font Rectangle Transparency Event Label
Receipt Font Material property Rectangle Paper

·
Quack
5,352 Posts
Any way to get it to bourbon or saint louis? Ill take 5-6 bags

Reactions: killmode

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

My guess is yes. I'm pretty sure Jake is coming up next weekend, but not sure if he'll have room in his wifes van to haul it back. Not sure killmodes plans to be up this way in the near future.

·
Under appreciated
89,807 Posts
I’m sure there will be lots of folks in St Louis that will want so we could probably group order.
I used to do that with mineral.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
46,923 Posts
I think I might pick up a couple of bags to use next year.

Might come up next Sunday as we're thinking about bringing our camper up to our place. If they have some ready, I can bring some back

·
Former Leader in Warning points!
10,542 Posts
If there is an STL shipment, or maybe even Jeff City, I’d take 8 of the 50 lb bags. No rush needed for me, I’m buying ahead for next year. Let me know if someone headed to pick some up is willing to pony.

Reactions: sandals

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How would someone store these properly for next Fall?
Cool & dry. By cool, I mean in an insulated garage unairconditioned will be sufficient. An old deep freeze or fridge works great. Gettin too hot is the enemy of seed germination. Hard round seed, like turnip & radish will actually keep for 4-5 years without loosing a lot of germination.

Anyone not in a hurry for seed, buying for next year, on the east side. I'm going to be making a couple trips down this fall to work on killmode's house south of the city on 55. Can for sure accommodate some of ya then. Plus we'll be hosting the MDS deer hunt at my place 2nd weekend of doe season in Dec. Be a bunch of guys from the east side heading back to the city after that.

Don't worry about us running out of seed, if we go through all of this, I was told there's more where this came from, & I don't have a problem running back over there & getting a couple more super units if need be.

·
Registered
69,789 Posts
I'll take two 25# bags of the turnip/radish blend through deeraholic delivering it to me here in the kc area. I'll save it for next years planting. I'm guessing I pay Pete upon delivery?

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For you guys on the west side, I'll be at the Smithville disabled hunt second weekend of rifle season. Can sure throw some in the back of the truck for you guys.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I’m in the Wildwood area and would take 2 of the 50lb bags. Let me know if a pony express is coming down this way. I could pick up in the Chesterfield area off highway 40 if that is convenient.

·
1,582 Posts
Can you bottle up some rain to go with the seed? I've got to wear a dust mask to hunt from all the bare dirt on me.

·
Quack
5,352 Posts
My guess is yes. I'm pretty sure Jake is coming up next weekend, but not sure if he'll have room in his wifes van to haul it back. Not sure killmodes plans to be up this way in the near future.
Where is up this way?

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can you bottle up some rain to go with the seed? I've got to wear a dust mask to hunt from all the bare dirt on me.
Same problem here boss. Was mowing some trails to stands today & man it was as dry as I've seen it this time of year.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts