Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year of plotting on this scale. To say I am very pleased with the results would be an understatement.

I'll start with a plot that I put in that's not actually on my property. The old man we bought the farm from lives in a house just over my left shoulder (in this pic), so this is the view he has everyday. He likes to watch wildlife, so we put this plot in for him. It's sunflowers, sorghum & buckwheat. Beyond that is my property. Those are my beans in the bottom & the creek inside the timber. The road you see on the right dead ends at the creek, so I've planted half of the 1/4 mile of it in the same mix as above & will plant the back half in cereal grain w/ alfalfa, clover & lespadeza.

Attachments

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Last one.

Picked up my new (used) chisel plow yesterday. Can't bring home a new toy without playing with it. I haven't had much luck finding a disc, so this will have to do in the mean time. It will at least break the ground so I can use the disc behind my mule. I don't know exactly what I'm going to plant here yet, but I do need to work the ground. I had my lime spread this spring & have never tilled in under in this area.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
looking awesome!

·
Registered
7,522 Posts
Great looking plots pinwheel..I remember one year our forage sorghum got so thick , we had to cut a few lanes through it to be able to see. Youve given them plenty of food and hiding places!!! great job!!!

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Does anyone else think that Randy only does thing at full tilt?

Looks great Randy...I will have to stop in and see your hard work sometime.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hope you got rain today we got about 1/2 inch at the farm
Bout the same. I haven't been to the farm, but the radar was showing it going over there.

.I remember one year our forage sorghum got so thick , we had to cut a few lanes through it to be able to see. Youve given them plenty of food and hiding places!!! great job!!!
I planted too much seed on the sorghum. It's way thick. Had a tough time getting the seeder adjusted. I may cut some lanes in it. With the flowers in there, the dove will appreciate it if do some cutting.

Looks like you have a green thumb
Dad was always really good at growing garden. I think some of it rubbed off.

Does anyone else think that Randy only does thing at full tilt?

Looks great Randy...I will have to stop in and see your hard work sometime.
You mean I have another option? :wink:

Give me a heads up when you're coming this way Thayer, I'll take you for a tour.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.