Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys asked for your gonna get it. Everyone seems to keep encouraging me to post pics. I love posting pics & I'm really proud of the way my property is developing this year.

This first pic is an overview of the plan I set forth this spring. This is an 8.5 acre field that my farmer didn't want to plant this year. Works for me.:)There were a couple of deviations, but not much. The small corn plot ran out of seed before I got done, so half of it is in buckwheat with plans to disc under in late august & replace with WW/oats/rye. On the other side of the field, the cereal grain plot is also currently in buckwheat.

This is where it all begins. 30 ton of lime spread so far.

8.5 acres with an old horse drawn disc & mule was a lot of work.

Here's some early emergence.

More to come

Attachments

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
nice ground,hadn't heard edina for a long time got some relatives up there.

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freshly mowed clover. Believe it or not, this plot was frost seeded this spring. It was buck oats last fall that didn't freeze out, they provided early browse & kept moisture for my clover.

Attachments

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here's a small 1/4 acre plot of buckwheat/forage sorghum/sunflowers. I want to hunt doves this fall. Got winter wheat not far from here & more buckwheat/ sunflowers right beside it.

Attachments

·
Jenny's Lackey
47,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Last one for now. This was an experiment last fall that really went my way. Just as the soybeans were turning yellow, I broadcast WW into them. This spring, I frost seeded with clover, again, part of the riparian coridor. I'll wait to mow this till late July. The poults & quail are using this now.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
looking great!!!

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Now are some awesome lookin plots!
You did some great work!
:cheers::cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.