Food Plot in CRP

Discussion in 'Deer Management, Habitat & Conservation' started by Redonthehead, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Active Member

May 2, 2005
    Springfield
    I know of some "old style" standard grass CRP which I have been told by QU people one can plant up to 10% of the area in food plots. Are you supposed to be telling the NRCS or whoever the food plot plans - ie: get permission?

just want ask for .. ahem, a friend of mine. :wave:

2. riverbottomhunter

riverbottomhunter Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2005
    Chariton Co.
    I think you are suppose to get permission before you put a food plot in CRP. Since most CRP is designed to controll erosian (soil shifting since I can't spell) I don't think they want any food plots along the sides of hills where soil can be washed away.
    Always better to check with them government people before you get in trouble with em.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Senior Member

Dec 30, 2004
    Greene county
    each CRP has a plan. go to the NRCS office in the co. where your farm is. have them pull your folder, ask about the food plot and they will tell ya the details and give ya a copy of the plan. you agree to maintain crp acording to the plan, dont do otherwise. what county is the farm in?? if its Marion i'll see ya when you get here.